⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

Hello everyone

I'm currently experiencing frequent CTDs, a problem I have not had before. I followed the recommendations in this helpful thread and installed wrye smash, but was not able to solve the problem though. As I did not want to spam in this thread with my specific problem I opened a new one here . The topic also provides a link to my current loadorder (a jpg, as I did not know how to extract it as text :sad: sorry) I would be grateful if anyone could give me a hint which change the loadorder needs.

Since I installed the program yesterday I have a new file in my loadorder called "Bashed Patch, 0.esp", I unsterstand what it does from the first post in this thread and have one question left: Where in the loadorder shall it be placed?

I'd like to apologise for me having to ask such stupid questions and hope to soon get more experienced so that I don't have to bother you guys anymore. At this point I really apreciate help since the problem got worse after I tried to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Replied to you in your thread :)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the tips. You certainly started me off on the right path and this help has been invaluable.....oh, and saved me untold hours and headaches. Sincerely....THANK YOU!

Hi everyone

I have a lil question. A few orange mods in wrye bash want dragonborn.esp loaded before dawnguard.esp (Sjel Blad Castle/Phendrix Magic Evolved), which is weird and will cause other problems because most of the other mods want dawnguard before dragonborn as far as I know. What do I do here, do I ditch them? They dont cause any immediate ctds, will they cause ctds at a future point?

Also SPERG is orange and it wants to be loaded before update.esm. Why is that?

Edited by Quizok

Sort the master files for the orange mod in TES5Edit

that will make them accept the correct load order

Never ditch a mod unless you have no other option, sorting the master for the orange mods is normal some times and will almost always fix the orange mod into a green mod :smile:

Also go back and read what the different colors for the mods means on the first page of this guide, Orange ones are arguably the MOST dangerous, so deleting / ditching is not a good idea

Edited by gromulos

Hi Guys,...i try it here again.

Ive got a strange problem. I finaly set up skyrim with the mods i like. Ive even managed to not getting crashes every few steps. But now i dont get the ingredients after harvest a plant. There is just a message showing up with "5 added to inventory" (the number is just the amount of ingredients i ve gathered insted of "5 nightshades added to inventory"). I dont wanna set up the whole game new.

Can someone help me with this? I know the standart tips, like "remove one mod after another" but as i said...with PerMa it will take ages.

Please excuse my bad english.