⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make a new thread and then let me know, that way this one doesn't get taken over

you didn't say HOW you installed them? NMM, MO, manually?

also did you follow ALL of the steps in the guide and did you run the vanilla launcher yet and set the video options?

I'm having a problem with my character. I've had some trouble with dual sheath redux several times and finally got it to run smooth without any problems. But now when I draw dual swords or daggers and try to run with them, my character stands up strait and does not move. Every other direction seems to work normally except for dragging the mouse and spinning and simple straight forward running. I have uninstalled all animation mods and done everything I can think of to fix this but even with the unofficial skyrim, dawnguard, hearthfire, and dragonborn patch it is still doing it... I have ran Tes5edit, wrye bash and loot, nothing seems to make a difference. Pleas help. What do I do?

I don't do Dual Sheath Redux, I don't use it and I never will simply for the fact that EVERY single person I know that has used it has had major problems with it breaking their game

Also, I honestly know nothing about that mod so I can't honestly help you, sorry

Ok. Thanks anyway. Can you help with this?

Skeleton female: XPMS2 (115 bones) male: XPMS2 (115 bones)
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow"
>>Warning: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow" not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon"
>>Warning: * xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon" not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump"
>>Warning: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump" not installed<<
This is what comes up after running Generate FNIS for users. I tried uninstalling xpms and reinstalling couple times with different settings but to no avail...
And my character is still standing still while running forward with sword and shield, dual wield, and single hand, but runs fine with one sword and spell...
Edited by keenangrimes

No I can't.

This is a BEGINNER'S guide thread.

Dual sheath and skeleton frame mods are NOT beginner's stuff.

Besides, I already stated, I know nothing about those mods, BOTH of them.

Thank you for this, especially your explanation of Wrye Bash. I installed it a few months ago and attempted to read up on how to use it. Unfortunately, I didn't really have the patience or desire to learn how to use it, so I abandoned it.

Now, I do use Loot and Tes5Edit which have proven quite useful. So, this post has inspired me to consider giving Wrye Bash a second chance. So I guess it's back to the tutorial to finally get a better handle on how to use it.

Finally, a noob question: When starting a test save, am I correct to assume that it is ok to have the USKP patches active and SKSE installed?

Best wishes and thanks for sharing your knowledge.

When starting a test save, am I correct to assume that it is ok to have the USKP patches active and SKSE installed?

Yes. In fact, I recommend it. :)