Next Gen Wii

Thor.

Yup you heard it, Nintendo finally gave some idea on what the next console will be like.

Concept picture

=============

Article

successor, he's reason? Well according to Iwata:

"We are of course studying and developing the next console to Wii. However, there is a big difference between studying a product and announcing what it is and when we will release it. I am afraid to say that the history of entertainment is also the history of imitation. A great idea will promptly be copied unless protected through patents. At the same time, it is really important for our business to positively surprise people. Will you be surprised by our completed product if we told you how it is surprising three years in advance? Therefore, we basically disclose information on our products as late as possible. We believe this is the best approach for the entertainment products we are developing. Again, we are planning the next products for Nintendo's continuous growth, but we cannot tell you what, when and how we will release it here. Thank you for your understanding."

So there you have it folks, very sneaky ey!

==============

link for more info

check A6 Iwata:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/meeting/100629qa/02.html

If you seen some of those concept mind control helmets, does this look familiar to you. It sure does to me :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40L3SGmcPDQ&feature=player_embedded

Glad Im not a nintendo owner then.

Because I would not be able to comfortably use those. Does nintendo honestly not understand the simple concept of hair?

HE, HE, I agree with you there, i to will stay away from this one myself. I have a lot of hair to.

its just the concept of it all is the cool part.

Old. That picture was a concept tech magazine T3 came up with several months ago.

Of course, saying that Nintendo isn't working on their next console is a bit like saying Microsoft or Sony isn't working on their next console, obviously wrong. (In short, yes I realise Nintendo is working on a new console, but it probably isn't that.)

You again? you really are a happy little munchkin, always sticking in super negative points.

Well in this case you're also a WRONG little munchkin. Cause that video shows the device in action. Sure, the concept IDEA is old, the shots ARENT.

I love the idea though. Modern fighter aircraft designs are looking to direct E/E/G mindlinks to control the craft. Now, Im gonna go a little off topic here just to propose something REALLY cool: Myomar and other nanofibres tense like human muscle does when you run an electrical spark through them Now, if you were to per se link a mental control interface with a machine powered by highly sophisticated 9th generation electroreactive nanofibres and some sort of highly advanced sensory system resembling a tactile sensor grid...

...then you'd literaly BECOME the machine, which would in itself be a very diferent form of machine indeed, resembling a synthetic organisim

Old. That picture was a concept tech magazine T3 came up with several months ago.

Of course, saying that Nintendo isn't working on their next console is a bit like saying Microsoft or Sony isn't working on their next console, obviously wrong. (In short, yes I realise Nintendo is working on a new console, but it probably isn't that.)

Lol it was part of the news article, i din't steel anything, and that's a youtube video, so i had expectations that's what its going to be like.

Don't blame me, blame the source.

Oh that video was posted before in the debates section. Under mind control, i don't think that thread exists anymore though.