Things that cannot be changed

TheCalliton

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot have two mods modifying the same race. The last mod loaded will completely overwrite the other mod's changes to the race (usually a problem with the vanilla races and beauty packs)

Cannot have two mods modify the same vendor chest. The last mod loaded will completely overwrite the other mod's changes. Best practice is to add your own vendor chest and set ownership the same as the original so the vendor can access your vendor chest as well.

Cannot add new weapon types. To add a new weapon type, you really have to "replace" an existing weapon type...which removes a weapon type from the game and adds yours. Generally not what people go for since it causes compatibility problems with all mods that add replaced weapons to the game. Example: Adding a gun by replacing a bow...all bow mods can no longer be used.

Cannot add new body slots.

.esp plugins cannot communicate between each other.

Cannot add new colored lights (magic effects)...can only replace existing ones...which again causes compatibility issues with other mods that do the same.

Collision (Havoc physics) cannot be added to the player or player-worn items such as clothing or armor.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14577 I use this mod and other mods like it all the time and it doesn't replace any bows. It's compatible with other mods that do the same sort of thing so unless you mean something else by what you said... idk what you're talking about.

There are some things in the list that are definitely possible, you just gotta be smart and work around some stuff.

For example, it's definitely possible to create a spear with it's own unique animations.

but not as a class of weapons like a skill

4. Different body meshes for different races

Pretty sure this can be done via a token system, which changes the NIF reference extension for lower and upper bodies ala Shield on Back according to the tokens they have; I've yet to try it, but it's something someone with good scripting skills should try if they're really bored :/

Here's one I've seen too many times:

15. It is not possible to completely eliminate the neck seam on the head and upper body.

4. Different body meshes for different races

Pretty sure this can be done via a token system, which changes the NIF reference extension for lower and upper bodies ala Shield on Back according to the tokens they have; I've yet to try it, but it's something someone with good scripting skills should try if they're really bored :/

Here's one I've seen too many times:

15. It is not possible to completely eliminate the neck seam on the head and upper body.

no you cant, an orc male canot have a different body mesh that a dark elf male

they can have different textures and hieghts, but nothing else different. in other words, no different base meshes

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=14577 I use this mod and other mods like it all the time and it doesn't replace any bows. It's compatible with other mods that do the same sort of thing so unless you mean something else by what you said... idk what you're talking about.

Correct me if I'm wrong but that "is" a bow and the ammo are arrows. You cannot "add" new weapon types. This is using the bow and arrow types. If the animation was replaced to make it work better with this model, that would change the animation for any of the real bows (vanilla or custom).

This AK-47 mod contains no animations which makes me think they are using the EXACT same movements you see when using a normal bow and arrow. Am I right?

LHammonds