Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

I'm having trouble finding the right setting for good fps. At the moment I get 15-20 fps when I'm outside and about 160 when inside. What other programs should I use.

My spec are

windows 7 64bit

i7 3630M @2.4 GHZ

8GB ram

NVIDIA G Force 660M 2GB.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm having issues installing the Extender. It's actually running really well until I get to the option to "Run MGE" and at that point my computer will sound like it's loading, but I will sit there for 10+ minutes with no signs of it actually doing anything. I tried searching for this issue but couldn't find anything about it.

Hi, I'm having issues installing the Extender. It's actually running really well until I get to the option to "Run MGE" and at that point my computer will sound like it's loading, but I will sit there for 10+ minutes with no signs of it actually doing anything. I tried searching for this issue but couldn't find anything about it.

Sounds like an issue with the MGSO installer rather than anything to do with MGE (or MGE XE)? AV?

MGSO 3.0 Updating and Installation Walkthrough by Muriel Kai

Edited by Dragon32

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
In response to post #24567134.

MidknightMadman wrote: hello, im wondering if its possible to use the NMM to install this and other mods, or must i do it manually?

I'm wondering this as well. Most other mods should be fine, but I've broken my game with graphics mods before.

In response to post #24567134. #25300069 is also a reply to the same post.

MidknightMadman wrote: hello, im wondering if its possible to use the NMM to install this and other mods, or must i do it manually?
dmj275 wrote: I'm wondering this as well. Most other mods should be fine, but I've broken my game with graphics mods before.

1 - Get MGE XE rather than this as that's actually being updated. It's on Nexus.
2 - Most Morrowind mods aren't on Nexus. Check out Morrowind Modding History, that's (trying to) archive the Morrowind mods from defunct sites like Gamers Roam, morrowindmods.org, Planet Elder Scrolls, Elric Melnibone...
3 - Most Morrowind mods aren't packaged for Nexus Mod Manager so you'd probably have to do some messing around. Really, from what I hear, NMM isn't recommended for any TES game older than Skyrim.
4 - NMM probably won't know how to install this anyway. It's not a mod as such, more like ENBSeries, OBGE etc.

In response to post #25308164.

ProbableTrannie wrote: New issue. tried to uninstall, it f*#@ed up my game.

How?

Delete these files from Morrowind root directory:
d3d8.dll
dinput8.dll

There's some other files and folders and the GUI program but without those 2 DLLs there won't be any intercepting of DirectX calls, which is how MGE works.

After running the distant land wizard I get an animation error for cliff racers when encountering them that crashes the game. It says that the actor has no animation class and then the game CTD's. This happened a while ago and I can't remember everything and what settings I had but any assistance would be helpful.