• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
In response to post #34024185. #40669940 is also a reply to the same post.

Rykoth wrote: Every time I run this now I get "MGE has stopped working." And I installed it properly to my Morrowind folder. What gives?
Slickcharms wrote: I have this exact same issue, no explanation at all.

First, make sure that you run morrowind once without MGE active, just remove the dinput.dll from the morrowind folder, after you run it once, choose a resolution in the launcher, and then start a new game, exit the game, now, put the dinput.dll file back into the morrowind folder, rightclick both morrowind.exe, and MGE.exe and set them to run as administrator. Now run mge.exe and set up your resolution again however you want it, and then run the distant land generator, after it finishes, could take awhile, then try running the game again. Edited by matilija

In response to post #39897270. #40257645 is also a reply to the same post.

GhostexPlays wrote: Mod added input lag and destroyed my framrate (I have a beast of a PC). WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
Magickingdom wrote: I installed it with no problem, no frame rate drop on Vista 64 bit, old pc.

I highly recommend you try MGExe, it is also here on the Nexus, it's less resource hungry, and does everything this does and more, and better for that matter.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You broke my install. Game was working 100% fine, I installed this with the executable, and it couldn't find the snow flake mesh.

Moved the meshes from Bloodmoon, and it couldn't find the night sky texture.

Copied everything from BM and Tribunal to my folder, and it couldn't find the audio files of chickens dying.

Yeah, this mod broke my install.

In response to post #47504055.

Cainurk wrote: You broke my install. Game was working 100% fine, I installed this with the executable, and it couldn't find the snow flake mesh.

Copied everything from BM and Tribunal to my folder, and it couldn't find the audio files of chickens dying.

Actually that Snowflake error is characteristic of a failed install. See OP over here at Bethsoft: Vista/Windows 7 Problems, it's (I think) related to the UAC and folder virtualisation brought in with Vista

• 3 weeks later...
In response to post #47504055. #47541635 is also a reply to the same post.

Cainurk wrote: You broke my install. Game was working 100% fine, I installed this with the executable, and it couldn't find the snow flake mesh.

Dragon32 wrote: Actually that Snowflake error is characteristic of a failed install. See OP over here at Bethsoft: Vista/Windows 7 Problems, it's (I think) related to the UAC and folder virtualisation brought in with Vista

This can be resolved by right clicking on the game executable and setting it to always run as administrator from the compatiblity menu. Likewise, it's best to give the 'Users' group full modify access to the entire morrrowind directory.