Bows, why they no work?

loveme4whoiam

Heres a question for Bethesda.

Why do all the bows i use always fire to the right of where i aim?

I swear i'm not an idiot or a newbie, this actually happens every time i fire an arrow (but not bolts, never liked crossbows). Mostly its with the Chitin Short Bow but even when i got hold of a Dardric (spelt wrong, so sue me :P ) Longbow, it stil happened.

Is it a glitch in the game, or is it that my computer sucks and is messing it up. Any ideas? :huh:

Yeah, got all the latest driver for my hunk of junk. ANd i just wen out and bought Tribunal and Bloodmoon, so everything should be up-to-date (yeah i got the patch for bloodmoon before you say anything)

Kinda off topic a bit here, but i installed Trib and Bloodmoon at the same time, and i ive only had the triggers for the BM quests. I havent tried travelling there yet, but none of the Mournhold talk-topics have appeared on NPC's liek they have for Solethiem (also spelt wrong)

Happened to anyone else?

Kinda off topic a bit here, but i installed Trib and Bloodmoon at the same time, and i ive only had the triggers for the BM quests. I havent tried travelling there yet, but none of the Mournhold talk-topics have appeared on NPC's liek they have for Solethiem (also spelt wrong)

Happened to anyone else?

Nope, but you have to rest before you get the trigger for the Mournhold quests.

Are you in 1st or 3rd person for firing a bow? makes a difference. If you are in 1st and have the crosshairs on (you need to really for firing a bow) it will fire at whatever the cross is pointing at (not exactly, but you get the hang of it after a while)

the tribunal trigger wil happen randomly when you rest, you'll know what is it....believe me.

If only other weapons were more effected by drained fatigue, like a sloppy sword swing or even a chance to hit yourself!! well one of the many things i wish was in the game but you can't win them all.

pump up your skill, fire when well rested and there shouldn't be a problem. but sometimes it looks really off and i'll hit it without a problem. i would just assume it defys the laws of physics, as many things in morrowind do.

How high is your bow skill? And are you tired? Bow accuracy is really affected by the second, and all weapons miss a lot if their skill is too low.

Peregrine's got a point there.

heres a few tips

1. be at FULL fatigue, it helps

2. turn crosshairs on

3. Make sure your in 1st person view

4. if using chitin arrows, aim straight at the target, maybe a little above where you want to hit.

5. if using other types of arrows(and you probably are) then aim so that the bottom "leg" of the crosshair is touching the target.

6. pull back the bow and hold for a few seconds after you hear the stretching sound of the string.

7. fire, u have to aim a little above target 'cause arrows fly with a slight dip.

Hope that helps, make sure your bow skill is around 25-35 and up, or u wont hit much, if it isnt, then switch to a crossbow, they dont require as much skill as a bow, but be sure to aim straight at the target if using a crossbow since they fire in a straight line.

Hope that helps, and happy sniping. :ph34r: :ph34r: