HOWTO: Provide Useful Feedback Or Suggestions

Dark0ne

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

One useful thing I would like to see on the Nexus sites is a built in changelog. I'm thinking it would be possible to have a text box attached to the File upload section specifically for including a list of changes in the current file. This text from the special box would be added to a changelog page, labelled with the version number and the posts would accumulate in order to make a full changelog over time.

I don't think that would be overly difficult, it might encourage more mod makers to add information of file changes and it would be more useful than the action log for tracking updates to the mod.

• 1 month later...

1. Go to the "Files" Section of the Nexus for the mods of the particular game.

2. Select the file you're interested in, you will be taken to that mod's own page.

3. Look about half-way down the screen for a set of Tabs labeled: "Description", "Files", "Images", "Comments", etc. (The "Description" tab will be the currently displayed one.)

4. Select the "Files" tab.

5. Select the specific file you'd like (there may be multiple versions/options.)

6. A new window will open with a list of available servers for the d/l, pick one.

6a. Depending on your browser's settings, you may have to click the "Warning -- Allow download?" ribbon near the top of the new window.

7. Chose "Save" (not "Open", or "Run") and designate the location on your system to save the file.

NOTE: There is a fairly LOW limit (I think it's 2MB) to the size of file you can d/l unless you're a member AND Signed-In.

Hope that's detailed enough for you! :thumbsup:

1. Go to the "Files" Section of the Nexus for the mods of the particular game.

2. Select the file you're interested in, you will be taken to that mod's own page.

3. Look about half-way down the screen for a set of Tabs labeled: "Description", "Files", "Images", "Comments", etc. (The "Description" tab will be the currently displayed one.)

4. Select the "Files" tab.

5. Select the specific file you'd like (there may be multiple versions/options.)

6. A new window will open with a list of available servers for the d/l, pick one.

6a. Depending on your browser's settings, you may have to click the "Warning -- Allow download?" ribbon near the top of the new window.

7. Chose "Save" (not "Open", or "Run") and designate the location on your system to save the file.

NOTE: There is a fairly LOW limit (I think it's 2MB) to the size of file you can d/l unless you're a member AND Signed-In.

Hope that's detailed enough for you! :thumbsup:

One more thing Ace....

Make sure that you have pop-ups "Always Enabled" for this site.

The files open a pop-up window (at least it does for me) and that is where the "Warning -- Allow Download?" ribbon that Thandal mentioned will appear

• 1 month later...