HOWTO: Provide Useful Feedback Or Suggestions

Dark0ne

I am not familiar with a 'that' image extension. What image extension are you trying to use?

well I uploaded it as a bmp - would changing it to jpg and uploading it not produce the same message then? :teehee:

Changing the extension won't help, you need to convert the image. Open it in paint or something similar and then save it as a JPG, job done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I welcome positive feedback and constructive criticism of these forums or any of my sites. Please be aware, however, that I do not tolerate blatent, useless bashing and insulting of any sites or their owners on these forums. If you have a problem please make sure you phrase it in such a way that isn't attacking or insulting and also that it provides a constructive solution to your problem.

EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO

Hi, I hate this site. Its so slow and useless. I don't understand why anyone would want to use this site. What idiot is running this site?

EXAMPLE OF WHAT TO DO

Hi there, I've been having problems with the load times on the site recently. Could you explain why this is happening and what could be done to fix this? Thank you.

EXAMPLE OF HOW NOT TO REPORT A CODING PROBLEM

Hi, some idiot has mis-coded a part of the site and now the whole file system doesn't work. You're so useless my granny's cat could do better than you.

EXAMPLE OF HOW TO REPORT A CODING PROBLEM

Hi there, when I try to go to http://www.siteaddress/pagewithproblem.php it gives the following error: some generic error message. Could you please tell me when you think this will be fixed? Thank you.

Notice the obvious difference.

You don't need to grovel at my feet but a little bit of diplomacy in how you present yourself and your issues, despite your problems, would be greatly appreciated. I'm extremely adversed to any sort of offensive or threatening posts on these forums ("I hate this site", "it's useless", "I hope you die", "you're so dumb" type posts), especially directed at myself, and such posts will be handled with zero-tolerance. Normally meaning an outright membership ban from the whole TESNexus network.

Thank you for your understanding.

Hello Nexus God (grovel, grovel) :biggrin:

Your site is fantastic, however I continually run into mods that aren't ready for use and some mods seem to be permanently abandoned. Maybe a notation in an easily seen location or a catagory for mods in developement. Just an idea, I am certainly not complaining...just suggesting. Nexus has likely tripled the enjoyment I get out of my games. This obviously means I purchase the games you have sites for and will continue to do so. (the first-person games anyway)

Thank you,

dkilts

@dkilts: Here is a helpful hint - when looking at a mod, look at the date at the top of the description. There are two - when the mod was originally posted, and the date of the last update.

If that second one is old, the mod is likely abandoned - that doesn't mean it isn't a good mod, just that the author is probably not making changes any longer. (Or shorter changes either :tongue: )

Mods still in development may be labeled with 'WIP' for Work in progress, or 'beta' for still being tested. But many modders don't label WIP or beta mods so, read the description.

Then look at the comments to see what other people have said about the mod, good, bad or needs improvement.

If you do come across a mod that has been removed 'Files ( 0)' Let us know and we will remove it from the list - to let us know, click on comments, then on the right click on 'Go to forum thread' In the first entry on the forum thread find the yellow 'report' button and, in the comment field,, type in 'No file' or something else to let us know there is no file to download. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
This apparent misunderstanding has got me thinking about the language policy of these sites. I know that the forums and indeed the main sites themselves are only going to allow posts/mod pages written in English. However, it might be helpful to future and current members who do not have a firm grasp of the English language to display warnings or site usage agreements in other languages.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i dont have any idea where to post bugs, so i will just do this here.

Whenever I want to vote a file for the "File of the Month" it will pop up the usual little box like it should.

I have downloaded the mod a time ago and i had already "endorsed" it.

Now i put the checkmark in the box ("I would like to vote this file for File of the Month") and click Submit. But the button does nothing.

I looked into the code and extracted the link of the "imported" voting page: >http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/vote.php?id=15973&time=1303149825<

But still it didnt do anything when i clicked "Submit".

I am using Firefox 4.0 as my browser and I didn't have any problems *cough* a few months ago

[grovel]Ooooh oh almighty help me, help me![/grovel] - Thanks for the help. =)

But still it didnt do anything when i clicked "Submit".

I am using Firefox 4.0 as my browser and I didn't have any problems *cough* a few months ago

I had this issue at one point too. Do you use NoScript? if so, try unblocking googleapis. It's needed for a good chunk of the site's scripts to run properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a suggestion for the Mod Requests page. A little keyword check that checks for the words "Dual Wield" and "Rideable horse" and instead of allowing that person to create a new thread, it instead redirects them to the hundreds of identical threads that ask the same question.

Maybe make it blatantly obvious to 'teach' some people how to use the search bar :)

Something that I often see and always gives me a chuckle is the "Let me google that for you"

IE: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=New+Vegas+Dual+Wield

I know that this obviously isn't feasible, but an adaptation of that would be pretty funny and it would be nice to cut back on the hundreds of threads asking the same question :wallbash: