Best antivirus for gaming pc?

Loren871

Hey everyone!!Just bought a new custom gaming pc and am looking to download an antivirus but where do i begin?There are tons out there but im having trouble findin the right one for gaming.Want something that isnt a system hog and is going to be dragging my games down while providing great all around virus protection.I am more then willing to buy, it doesnt have to be free, as long as it works like i need it to pay or free its fine with me.Thanks guys!!

If you're using Windows 8 or 8.1, then Microsoft Security Essentials is actually a surprisingly adequate option IMO. I used to be a fervent supporter of AVG, but recent versions have become rather bloated and ungainly.

Ive got windows 7 and im actually using MSE myself right now and nothin else.I like it and to be honest i would just run it and it alone but all the reading and searching ive done ive noticed mixed reviews on running it alone or period. Im not planning to download anything but Skyrim and Fallout mods and most of them are from this site but i notice some mods ask you to go to a 3rd party site.

I use Avast, it's free and works great. It's prevented a lot of viruses, I know that because it pops up a message when it prevents something. Works great with Skyrim.

+1 to this.

I use Avast as well as Gaming mode on. No Popups. Works in teh background, and not as bloated as AVG <3

Avast or Kaspersky. Both have Gaming Mode and work pretty well.

Just never use Nortons, its the biggest load of sh*t out there. Update database... File size download... 20 GB!!!! Switched to Kaspersky after that.

Edited by moose109

I switched to Vipre a few years back because of the light load it puts on your system. At the time, I had a crappy old P4 machine that struggled with anything I tried to do with it, and switching from Mcafee to Vipre helped alot. It isn't free, and for all I know there are better options now, i've just stuck with it because I've never had any problems. Of course, I don't do a lot of "high-risk" web-surfing either...

Sounds like Avast is leading the pack right now so i just downloaded the 30 day free trial.Also have heard alot of good things about Kaspersky and bitdefender but Avast is big on alot of the reviews ive read thats protection for gamers.Gonna give Avast a shot!!