Themed Characters: What's Yours?

gzl5000

On my 12th or so playthrough of Fallout 3 (and my 4th or 5th using mods) I got a little bored and started trying to find new ways to play. So, with a few mods (I'll list the relevant ones) my new character is: The Woodsman!

Essentially I'm playing a survivalist/ranger, using low-tech weapons as much as possible and dressing in Oasis garb (I had to spawn this with the console since I'm playing a good karma character) and using Broken Steel (necessary for multiple high-level perks and high levels of skill).

Mods used: Book of Earache (and related necessary resources) for crossbow & arrows and shotgun, Ultimate Perk Pack for several perks, Enhanced Weather for sneak bonus during storms, a few other mods not related to my character build.

Weapons: 'bamma Slamma Combat Knife, Crossbow, Dart Gun, Deathclaw Gauntlet, The Terrible Mossberg (terrible shotgun modded by Earache's mod, just for emergencies!), multiple grenades and mines for setting traps and reverse pickpocketing.

Relevant skills: Stealth and small guns at 100, explosives at 97, unarmed at 85, melee at 80.

Relevant chosen perks (and descriptions for perk pack ones): Finesse, Demolition Expert, Better Criticals, Paralyzing Palm, Ninja, Loner (lvl 8, 5% more damage while alone), Born Survivor (lvl 16, +30 HP, 2x damage with combat knives, 2x damage against animals), Repairman (lvl 16, 90% or better conditioned weapons do 25% more damage), The Shadow (lvl 20, 25% cloak field while sneaking).

Relevant acquired perks (and descriptions for perk pack ones): Master of the Wastes (complete 25 quests, regeneration outside combat), Entomologist (kill 1000 creatures, 2x damage to insects), Light Step (disarm 100 mines, never set off traps).

Should've gotten DIY man (more damage from workbench-created weapons), and gladiator (better crit chance from melee weapons). Oh well.

Anyway, that's my character! A dude who sneaks around, using stealth, close combat, traps and mines and even the creatures he kills (Deathclaw Gauntlet) to wreak havok while only ending up with about 36 DR. It's tremendously fun (thought not as good in a straight-up fight). What's your style of play? Any fun "themed" characters?

I had been playing a purely-explosives character up to level 15, in which I would never use a gun to kill someone (maybe a missile launcher, but rarely, because the damned thing was so heavy), only grenades, mines, and a melee weapon. Naturally, due to the scarcity of grenades, I spent alot of time trading tech with the Outcasts.

Using FWE and WMK, I always kept a pistol fitted with a laser sight and silencer to blow up anything that I suspected the enemy wasn't going to detonate themselves, a bunch of junk to craft grenades whenever I found a workbench, about 80 grenades and 30 mines at any time, and a super sledgehammer (weapon's ability to knockdown > everything else).

Now I'm just playing energy weapons only, which is awfully hard, I'm finding, due to ammo scarcity and costs.

• 3 weeks later...
My themed character is a modern'ish soldier. I use small guns only(an automatic m14ebr is my only friend), a combat knife for when i run out of gun juice, and sneaking. I have NVG's for the holy !@#$ dark that i get from fellout, i prefer to get the first shot off. when i get to high enough level for power armor i will not use it. my motto is that any problem in fallout can be solved with the proper application of an assault rifle. :nuke:

Modern Soldier. Wearing US military gear (dragonskin, bandolier, backpack, etc) and using tactical weapons, My character is like a special forces type.

Current Weapon Loadout: Combat Knife. HK USP .45 (LAM), Custom Desert Eagle .50ae, AS50 Sniper rifle.

Other weapons I use: BOSSm249, m60 LMG, Terrible mossberg 590, Benelli m1014 JSS, HK36c Sopmod, HK mg36....the list goes on, I switch out often.

Armor: Tactical Assault Armor.

Skills: Small guns, Lockpick, Repair (Medicine is tag! skill)

Perks: Commando, Gunslinger, Finesse, Lightstep, Sniper, adamantium skeleton, tag!, grim reapers sprint.....