DB Discussion: How did you... join? :) And why.

Vindekarr

Many people play as the Dark Brotherhood, and considering how popular slashers/hitpeople/emos that cut other people/assassins/murdering maniacs/psychotic snipers/thugs and the occasional zombie are to play as, I figure many of them are hangin out on this forum.

So, to get the skull rolling, how'd yer join?

I joined after I "accidently" killed 8 generic Crowded Cities civilians by knocking a big stone off a bridge, SPLAT! That didnt count however so I had to make another offering, and at that moment Dulfihs Gro Orum, one of the most annoying NPCs in the game, wandered past. I drew my scimitar and cut him in half. Blood spurted out everywhere and I upped my murder count technicaly by two.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends upon the character, since I've played six so far. I decide upon a mark based upon whether or not that NPC is essential for any quest. I try my best not to limit my options in this game, so whoever I decide to knock off is going to be isolated (so I don't go to jail) and relatively easy to kill. My latest is the necromancer in Vilverin, who you can attack before he sees you and then if you kill him it counts as murder. I've done the DB brotherhood quest line three times with my six characters (just starting on the third time).

Why? Because I can. I like playing on both sides of the fence in Oblivion because the game makes it so easy to do and its a challenge to do it "all". There's really no other reason. I actually have to "step out" of my character when I make a hit (or do most of the heists for the Thieves Guild) because I'm actually uncomfortable, ethically and morally, with this sort of behavior, but my take is that you haven't "beaten" the game until you've accomplished every single thing that the game can offer you. That means doing the main quest, all the guild quests, Shivering Isles, Knights of the Nine, and all the secondary and hidden quests. Well, actually, you can't do ALL the quests because some are mutually exclusive, but you can certainly do most of them.

Mostly out of boredom.

I'll try to avoid killing somebody, and I'll do it. Or it'll be somebody that I choose in my head, like "This guy is planning to kill me, I know it. DIE!"

It's just fun to do it.

After the first couple of times, I kill somebody on purpose to join.

the first time i joined, i stalked pell's gate for about an hour before i finally killed someone.

after that, i joined by accident mostly - do you know if you're using the curse of hircine mod and you turn into a werewolf when sleeping in the tiber septim hotel and then walk down the stairs, it tells you your killing has been observed by forces unknown?

me: ...i walked down the stairs. D<

Entirely on accident.

I was escaping the Mythic Dawn shrine and that Argonian, whom I had just saved, decided to jump in front of my 'Finger's of the Mountain' spell.

Every-time I've played since I usually hit him with a low level paralyze spell so the statue crushes him...

But then Lucien showed up, and as my character has no morality just an strong sense of boredom, I decided to join.

I was cleaning up a little imperial trash late at night and drove a steel arrow into the head of a sleeping bum so I could join the brotherhood.

My class is custom which is a cross between Thief and a Warrior or what have you..... I named the class "Mercenary" though I think next time I'll just label it as Assassin.

Most of my tomb and fort invasions consist of me thinking about how I will attack my enemies..... and it has to be done with style.... most times I can go through a large fort or tomb, kill everyone and never be seen, so I figured I'd be good for the brotherhood.

My character is more of a bad guy...... with good intentions, lol.

No need to defend your actions.

There is a huge gap between reality and video game. I play games to do the things I cant do IRW, so who's to say you cant just lop a guy's head off and use it as a soccer ball?

I mean, I cant build a pyramid in my honour IRW, I can do that in a game, thats what they're for, so enjoy that about them. Morality has nothing to do with it.