DB Discussion: How did you... join? :) And why.

Vindekarr

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always join DB even with my more upstanding characters. The stealth armor alone is worth joining for even if you do no contracts. My most recent and most accomplished character was angered early on by an obnoxious remark made by some high elf passing through the waterfront of IC so he punched him in the face. The elf retaliated with magic and things escalated and got bloody. With some help from Carwen, the elf dude was killed and floating in the bay and my character was cooling his heels in jail. The tragedy is somehow, poor Puny Ancus wound up floating in the bay as well...

One of my first official acts for most of my newly rolled characters is to kill a guard and get the silver longsword and Imperial armor. Sure, you usually do time for it, but you keep the goods so no big deal. That's usually a sure fire way to summon Lucien if no other murders have been committed.

I overheard people talking (you know, the "I heard the dark brotherhood comes to you in your sleep when you've murdered someone, thats how they recruit people") and I was like, ooh new quests probably! So I just killed the nearest beggar, paid my fine, went to bed and voilla!

I overheard people talking (you know, the "I heard the dark brotherhood comes to you in your sleep when you've murdered someone, thats how they recruit people") and I was like, ooh new quests probably! So I just killed the nearest beggar, paid my fine, went to bed and voilla!

Well, now you won't be able to take on Advanced Speech-craft training.

Ha! I love that! I may have to make that the way my character joins if I ever start an LP. Talking to someone, ask for rumors, hear that, and go "hmmm...Let's test that out, shall we?" *stab*

I hope you didn't kill Puny Ancus, he's my bro...

Haha!

First time around back in the day... I decided to be greedy and do Glarthir's quest. All the way through. That should speak for itself.

Now though... I always whack the cheeseball coming down the road as you head up to the Kvatch gate. You know, that balding fellow that happens to be away from everyone else, preaching about how the Divines have left Kvatch alone, end of the world is neigh, blah blah. Completely useless. Perfect candidate.

Now I'm gonna scour UESP until I figure out his name. :)

EDIT: This guy.