The chinese government is stupid

Lehcar

Overpopulation is a myth, but population control is not.

Also i believe there is a lot we dont know about china including ourselfs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overpopulation is a myth, but population control is not.

Also i believe there is a lot we dont know about china including ourselfs.

overpopulation in many urban areas is not a myth. Some cities are just not built for the number of people that live there. sure there is room for everyone to be living in them, as in they actually do, but this does not take into account any social, health or economic factors, such as crime, sanitation, jobs etc.

Globally, the you are in a way correct. the Earth being able to support several more billion people reasonably comfortably < as long as they live in developing countries and do not consume the resources of say an average european. Otherwise, no. It cannot. It would not be sustainable for any length of time.

There does seem to be a fight for securing access to resources atm. with more people, I would imagine the scarcity of those resources would be greater. Making those resources more expensive. this alone is a can of worms, a whole lot more people living in poverty. The predictions are that the world population will stabilize at a peak of around 10billion. If it doesn't, and continues to grow for some decades after, it could be rather disastrous.

Already today we accept 24.000 dead by famine worldwide daily - and the number is bulging.

Hunger is a cruel political weapon in the 3rd world and bloody conflicts are the order of the day.

The future number of dead by lack of drinking water will be even much higher, experts say.

Sadly, both parameters of scarcity are caused by our modern health care in the involved regions

that has led to a reduction of infant mortality. When the land doesn't feed its people any more,

they leave their agricultural land to populate the cities, vast slums and wasteland are the result.

It's a spiral of horror and we tend to look away not to get sick of it. Tears of charity are still the

privilege of the elderly people that donate money as much as they can - drops in the bucket...

Though in the end we can't feed them all, give water to all of them, I fear. And what happens

then I really don't wanna see in my crystal ball. Moreover, I guess that a shift in the "pill policy"

of the Vatican would just cause a very short delay of the probably not to be handled problems.

In a world full of hate humanity dies first...