[Updated] Nexus Trojan/Virus alert

Dark0ne

How can you put a malicious advert ?????? It's such a stupid thing, i cannot understand, someone carring the tes nexus ad's section should be replaced ..... In addiion to some adds that try to borrow your money.

This site is a precious site, but this people that takes care now about the ads they are harming it.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you put a malicious advert ?????? It's such a stupid thing, i cannot understand, someone carring the tes nexus ad's section should be replaced ..... In addiion to some adds that try to borrow your money.

This site is a precious site, but this people that takes care now about the ads they are harming it.

Yes but there are not enough Premium Members to support the monthly bill and thus, the addition of the ads are still required.

LHammonds

My thanks to the Nexus staff for being active and alert enough to catch members warnings soon enough to prevent such things from becoming a downward spiral. Ads are a necessary evil that require staff like that of nexus to keep them in line.

Edited by EMarshall

this site may still harm my computer.

curse you, google. >_>

i realized tesnexus was infected last night after i downloaded a file from another site, pixelrage. i had tesnexus open in another tab, ready to install a mod after the one i was currently downloading finished. i got a virus and immediately suspected pixelrage, turns out it was tesnexus.

oops.

anyway, microsoft security essentials caught the virus - an exploit, as it turned out, and the second exploit my computer's caught.

recommending microsoft security essentials. ;3

thanks for getting it fixed, though!

-mexico

Since people don't read the thread, let me post this again:

To disable the warning in Firefox, see this post.

In Chrome and most Chrome-clones (such as SRWare Iron and Chrome+), it's Options - Under the Hood - Uncheck "Enable phishing and malware protection."

In Opera, it's under Settings - Preferences - Advanced - Security - uncheck enable Fraud and Malware protection.

For Firefox Users,

Click, | tools (The Top bar)

Go to, | Options...

Select,| Security

Uncheck,| Blocked Reported Attack sites

*do not forget to put it back on once your done*

Also, Great job to the moderators for acting so quickly on the case.

Edited by dude9099

I have found that using a program called "Sandboxie" runs programs and web-browsers and such in a secure way...

<.< I've used it for a few weeks now, for untrustworthy websites and no viruses yet thumbs up ^.^

Yeah, I used to use AVG too until I got a recommendation for Bit Defender from a friend.