Worth buying?

Lehcar

So can anyone give me a thumbs up or down on this game? I'm kind of wary about buying it because I'm not sure how good it would be by today's standards since it was made waay back in 2002 (I was still just a little kid then!). But can anyone tell me what they think of it? Is it worth buying? How does it compare to its successor Oblivion?

Please, tell...! :happy:

• 2 weeks later...
Ich habe das Spiel vor ein paar Wochen mal wieder rausgekramt und gespielt. Es hat mehr Athmosphaere als Oblivion. Du kannst mit dem Spiel eigentlich nicht viel falsch machen, und was die Grafik betrifft, die laesst sich mit ein paar Mods aufpolieren. Es ist immer noch einen Kauf wert.

I recently just asked myself this question and spent 15$ on the GOTY edition at bestbuy. Its not oblivion but you get over that fast. Its a very rich experience and adds to the overall enjoyment of the elder scrolls in its entirety. It will immerse you. DO BUY

How does it compare to its successor Oblivion?

Morrowind is full of rich engaging stories and dialog but is lacking in the fx department for today (git dem modz)

Oblivion is like Morrowinds prettier but less intelligent cousin. What I mean by intelligent is depth and quality of content.

Hope that helps. BUY IT!

• 3 weeks later...

I totally agree with viewing oblivion as the less intelligent, but better looking cousin of Morrowind.

Morrowind is an extremely good game and I highly suggest it for anyone who enjoyed the elder scrolls universe from later games, such as Oblivion. You need to understand that the graphics are far poorer than that of Oblivion, because at the time, Bethesda's main focus was to create a very in depth roleplaying game, not a flashy, beautiful looking smooth-running Oblivion that they made five years after.

Just keep that in mind when you buy this game, which you totally should, because there are dozens more quests and an overall larger landmass with a more diverse universe with bigger factions and even larger modifications which have stacked up over the past eight years that the game has been released for.

Cheers,.

DEFINITELY WORTH BUYING :thumbsup:

parts of morrowind are WAY better than oblivion in my opinion. music, atmosphere

and especially its diversity

i felt morrowind is way more complexe and diverse. animal races are better, there are more

(and above all more kinds) of weapons and armor and i liked the atmosphere better than

mostly in oblivion

STILL:

oblivion is graficly way better, controlling (especially fighting and spellcasting) is more smoothly

and gameplay itself is more fun than morrowind

CONCLUSION:

all pros and contras counted together make both games more or less equal. they complement

each other. still i like morrowind a bit better :teehee:

i simply can recommend it :woot:

Just started playing it. It may not be the prettiest, but it's certainly rich! A freedom of equipment, mods, quests, and other stuff! I'm making mods for it on my laptop right now by the way!

Worth a buy, and graphics can be improved by mods, but the only drawback - combat. But I'm sure, like me, you'll get used to it.