Could we ever get NORMAL female armor and robe mods?

FegelTemplar

Yes the split is pretty even for the sexes playing games, though the divide is somewhat less even for the number of female modders. While there are some female modders making skimpy items for women or men (for Skyrim I can only think of one each Caliente (made female bodies not so much armor) and AlienSlof (makes skimpy male things only and is semi retired)) there's probably more who would rather make a mod of a totally different flavor.

Point is moot anyway.

Your problem is you're only looking at female only armors, there are plenty of armor mods designed for both sexes and those tend to be not the least bit skimpy at all. The Black Sacrament gear being a good example of an armor that seems to exactly fit your desired less revealing gear requirements right down to color.

Please look a little more closely for what you want.

Edit - I'm mildly amused at the number of female voices disproving your rant.

I do not care how many female voices "disprove" my rant, I never said it's only males who like these, so there is nothing to disprove there.

I had already seen that one, I really like it (especially the one on the right). It kind of reminds me of AC, which I was speaking about before.

Any long coat versions though? I think long coats are very badass but never saw a mod with one for females. I know Tribunal Robes exist but those are long robes, not overcoats.

Dude, most players are male. It normal, if most are female, then men body mods will cover the nexus. But there is already some great, full body armor mods to pass around.

not true, many of the skimpy mods are made by the lady peoples of the Nexus. i dont remember which but one of the body mods was also made by a lady person.

That would be Caliente. :wink: She also helped Dimon get his body mod into Skyrim, so in a way, she released or helped release the two most popular female body mods.

Also, wasn't there some study or something that showed the split was pretty even between the sexes? Also gotta remember there are quite a lot of ladies out there who do happen to like the skimpy stuff.

Of course they do, I already know Caliente is a chick.

Notice I never accused any of the two genders of this, I'm saying in general everytime I see a male armor set it's called "assassin set", or "paladin set", or "pirate set", whatever theme it's about. The focus is on the coolness of the theme, not on the male gender itself. When it's female armor sets, it's "FEMALE assassin set," "FEMALE paladin set," etc. It's too much about the gender, the boobs and ass and not enough about the actual theme.

The links you guys posted are not bad. Seriously, I had not find these, will be getting DreamBurrows Regal Assassin armor for sure. They tend to get lost in the THOUSANDS of skimpy mods, you know.

Any long coat / epic styled robes mods though? Similar to the male master robes or psijic order robes? (or the ones I posted screenshots of).

I know, but we are talking about the people in the nexus, ll and hall of something. Modders people and mod users. You are talking about gamers.

Come when I think about it, females tend to play with females more instead of male like dudes. lol, no one wants male nords.

@FegelTemplar

That because males beauty is enhanced by badassry, knighthood or darkness maybe?

Female beauty isn't enhanced by badassery/knighthood/darkness?

http://th00.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2013/227/8/e/league_of_legends___leona_by_ewalabak-d6ia0ve.jpg

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/img/pb/158/227/713/713227158_209.jpg

Any long coat versions though? I think long coats are very badass but never saw a mod with one for females. I know Tribunal Robes exist but those are long robes, not overcoats.

Did you try looking at that list I posted? There are a few long coats in there. Try ZeroFrost's stuff.

Did you try looking at that list I posted? There are a few long coats in there. Try ZeroFrost's stuff.

Regal Huntsman Armor is actually very impressive, I did see it.

We are talking about why male armors are covering and not that women can't do that or not. I have a female nord with short hair and rocking female sliver ebony armor and wow she looks great!

Some females including me use UNP or CBBE bodies with some semi revealing armors, I have come to not mind the naked armors. When male modders make male armors, they mostly cover the men up with an armor, mage robes or a skinny assassin suit.

Dude, most players are male. It normal, if most are female, then men body mods will cover the nexus. But there is already some great, full body armor mods to pass around.

not true, many of the skimpy mods are made by the lady peoples of the Nexus. i dont remember which but one of the body mods was also made by a lady person.

That would be Caliente. :wink: She also helped Dimon get his body mod into Skyrim, so in a way, she released or helped release the two most popular female body mods.

Also, wasn't there some study or something that showed the split was pretty even between the sexes? Also gotta remember there are quite a lot of ladies out there who do happen to like the skimpy stuff.

Of course they do, I already know Caliente is a chick.

Notice I never accused any of the two genders of this, I'm saying in general everytime I see a male armor set it's called "assassin set", or "paladin set", or "pirate set", whatever theme it's about. The focus is on the coolness of the theme, not on the male gender itself. When it's female armor sets, it's "FEMALE assassin set," "FEMALE paladin set," etc. It's too much about the gender, the boobs and ass and not enough about the actual theme.

The links you guys posted are not bad. Seriously, I had not find these, will be getting DreamBurrows Regal Assassin armor for sure. They tend to get lost in the THOUSANDS of skimpy mods, you know.

Any long coat / epic styled robes mods though? Similar to the male master robes or psijic order robes? (or the ones I posted screenshots of).

I know, but we are talking about the people in the nexus, ll and hall of something. Modders people and mod users. You are talking about gamers.

Come when I think about it, females tend to play with females more instead of male like dudes. lol, no one wants male nords.

@FegelTemplar

That because males beauty is enhanced by badassry, knighthood or darkness maybe?

Male "beauty" (in this context of "beauty") is the same as female "beauty" is viewed, abs, ass and penis (while its ass, vagina and breast for women).

That said most males get very upset and vocal about having mods that show male penis and abs outside of having sex with women mods, and because in my experience males are much more vocal about their distaste of such things you get spammed by them when making a mod that shows males in a sexualised light.

As for the OP this is something you have to come to expect in the modding world, game developers are and should be held to higher standards when it comes to making and dealing with female characters because they are getting paid and its 50% female and 50% male gamers out there (IMO, this is not something everyone agrees on). BUT modders do this for their own enjoyment and get nothing in return, I try to look at it as art and not judge as much anymore.

I dont like it, but then again THEY dont like it when I make sexy male stuff.

Stuff by DreamBurrows is a good option for sneaky characters with a assassins creed flare (I see alot of people like Dreams stuff, good its really awesome):

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/39983/?

Like its been said dont just search for female mods, instead search for armors that have BOTH genders you are MUCH more likely to get good less sexual armor that way. Most sexy mod makers will not do both genders since they are interested in only one.

This is also a good one, it has a lot of options for different female types:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53442/?

I also like this one for female mage characters, could be sneaky too:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52667/?

Edited by nivea

@nivea Personally, I really love full body heavy armors for males. Like the ones in monster hunter and tes.

There is a crowd for naughty male bodies like the mod SAM in ToH. I recall someone there tried to make male bouncing butts there too. But it not as big as the nexus.

@nivea Personally, I really love full body heavy armors for males. Like the ones in monster hunter and tes.

There is a crowd for naughty male bodies like the mod SAM in ToH. I recall someone there tried to make male bouncing butts there too. But it not as big as the nexus.

Yeah I am not as into Skyrim as I thought I would be so its not such a issue for me since I can make most the stuff I have a wanting for thankfully lol, my sexy work is normally just for myself and a small group of modders I consider friends. Less issues that way I have to deal with, BUT I am glad to see things like SAM being made its nice to have variety in all things.

Skyrim is lucky like that compared to Oblivion, for every small amount of sexy mods there is at least one very high quality non-sexy mod while in Oblivion it was almost impossible to find anything other then anime and sexy (by itself not a bad thing, but it was almost all you had). You do have to dig a bit but its worth it imo if your looking for lore friendly stuff.

Dont give up or get to upset you will find plenty of nice gems out there, does take some digging. ALSO it is a GREAT way to get into modding (its how I got into modding, not enough male stuff so I learned myself to make things), if your really upset then the best way to solve the problem is to make stuff. :smile:

I do not have a large list of female stuff to give links to since I play male characters for Skyrim currently.

Edited by nivea

I agree whole heartedly that we need more cool armors, but you shouldn't blame people for making skimpy mods. At least they are making mods in the first place. The reason why it is so easy for them to release skimpy outfits is because all they need is to put very little on an existing naked body base. If they put more custom clothes on them (clothes that they are not skilled at making), then it would just look horrible and they'd never release it.

I think its harder to make custom armors than what has been said. I've been trying, but I'm not ready to release anything great yet. I think the most difficult part is making it all fit into the skeleton and not having skyrim's animations make it look stupid.

There are also a lot of full-armour mods for females on nexus but they don't receive as much attention.

Yeah I am not as into Skyrim as I thought I would be so its not such a issue for me since I can make most the stuff I have a wanting for thankfully lol, my sexy work is normally just for myself and a small group of modders I consider friends. Less issues that way I have to deal with, BUT I am glad to see things like SAM being made its nice to have variety in all things.

Skyrim is lucky like that compared to Oblivion, for every small amount of sexy mods there is at least one very high quality non-sexy mod while in Oblivion it was almost impossible to find anything other then anime and sexy (by itself not a bad thing, but it was almost all you had). You do have to dig a bit but its worth it imo if your looking for lore friendly stuff.

Dont give up or get to upset you will find plenty of nice gems out there, does take some digging. ALSO it is a GREAT way to get into modding (its how I got into modding, not enough male stuff so I learned myself to make things), if your really upset then the best way to solve the problem is to make stuff. :smile:

I do not have a large list of female stuff to give links to since I play male characters for Skyrim currently.

Not really, SAM is a big overkill and not my taste at all. You have to be on drugs to like that that lol. I use better male underwear for now.

I recall there was an armor replacer for males that makes all armors speedos.

And yeah Oblivion had little to full armor mod. But I liked in game armors. I was more into homes, gameplay changing and weapons than armor. The only armor mod I had was for scarves lol.

I agree with modding, I got into modding homes because there was never my taste around. But armors are really hard.

Edited by Boombro