The Nexus State of the Union - 2015

Dark0ne

In response to post #21730874.

You mean the rude, demanding, entitled users? Yeah, if those users act like decent human beings instead, mod authors will act in kind towards them. Am I saying that all mod authors act kindly? Not at all! But the amount of rude mod users vastly outweighs the amount of rude mod authors.

When is dirt is thrown at a mod author, do you expect them to just stand there and take it? If so, you are part of the problem. They have the right to defend themselves, though preferably that would be through the report or delete button.

And one more thing; it is not demanded that a mod author should act professional. After all, they are not professionals (they are not making mods for a living - they are doing it for free). It is, in most cases, against the rules to be a professional mod author (you can't charge money for a mod in most cases).

So, bottom line, if you see someone being excessively rude towards another, whether it be a mod author or a mod user, report it. That is what the report button is there for. Do remember though, the mod author is on the home field.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #21708894. #21741224 is also a reply to the same post.

He doesn't want to come back

I do like it when you follow a hunch, do a little rooting around, and find people making comments like that are actually the same person who was banned. Or at least, using the exact same IP address as Trainwiz, TeamSothasil and CornCascader..

So you saaaaaaay "he" doesn't want to come back, but it's really amusingly ironic, when he is you, and you're right here, right now, posting :D

I don't really mind much. I don't know much about your ban, but from looking at what little the ban notice gives it looks like it was for a fairly innocuous reason, back when moderation was a lot more 1 or 0. Banned or not banned. So by all means, stick around, stay out of trouble, and continue to download, I'm not bothered. But lets keep the irony at bay!

In response to post #21649839. #21652729, #21653224 are all replies on the same post.

Welcome to the Nexus! Glad you look it here, and awesome that you and your Son are into it!

Unfortunately not all games are supported by NMM [Nexus Mod Manager] Far Cry 3 being one not supported. It's very easy to install mods for though, if you need any assistance drop me a PM or Google will help if you'd rather!

In response to post #21762769.

That's laughable. Sorry, but if you're going to ban someone for making a comment as small as that then you really don't have a place in moderation. -- My unimportant two cents.

I liked trainwiz. I never got to download any of his mods though :sad:

You see, that's one of the problems we put up with - people thinking that the item listed in the ban is the only thing someone is banned for, and not just the last thing they did.

Some users look at a ban notice and say things almost exactly like you did, "but it was only _____, that's a petty thing to ban for", but then never consider that the one tiny little comment was the last in a long line of similar comments, that when looked at together shows a larger, cohesive and clear pattern of behaviour that we would deem unacceptable.

Liking someone has no bearing on the matter, and you can still find Trainwiz's mod elsewhere.

In response to post #21788409.

This ban was before the warning system and expanded moderation system came in to effect, so it's on us as well for not providing detailed reasons for bans rather than just focusing on the last thing the user did.