incessant screen shots

speckledsnake

HI,

In Skyrim.ini find this line...

bAllowScreenshot=1

Change the 1 to a 0 <<zero. IF you use MO your Skyrim.ini is in the "Profile" folder for your current Profile. Everyone else the Skyrim.ini is in the "My Docs ' Folder.>>Documents\My Games\Skyrim

Normally the "Prt Scr" (print Screen) is the key to take screen shots...are you using that key for something?

Nope - it seems to be triggering by the End key (which is, as a lefty, what I use as my activation key). I can't find anywhere to change this setting, short of disabling screenshots outright. I'd rather not do this, as I do occasionally think "oh that looks neat lemme take a screen shot".

Hrm.

I have no idea how I fixed this last time but I know I did.

• 1 year later...

Posting in this thread because this still hasn't been solved...

I, too, have been having my hard drive loaded up with Skyrim screenshots that I'm not taking intentionally, even though both ENB and Skyrim have the screenshot key set to Print Screen. As a lefty, I use End as my autorun key, so it would make sense that that is how it's happening - it takes a screenshot every time I toggle autorun. What's weird is that it doesn't give me the screenshot notification that I get when I actually press Print Screen, it just happens. Does anyone know how to unbind End from taking screenshots?

• 1 month later...

This is happening in my games as well. i.e. screenshot is taken without a headsup message, whenever the <END> key is pressed.

In my case the <END> key was mapped to a Jaxonz Positioner function. (JP default key for reducing selected object size). The problem began with the installation of the jaxonz All-in-One utility mod.

Now, regardless of the circumstances, I can't get it to stop taking the screen shot.

This is a total shot in the dark, but the only other thing I can think of is to go into your enblocal.ini file. Under [input] you should see something like this:

//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44

Except instead of "//print screen" it will say something like "//end"?

Thanks @saurusmaximus for the suggestion.

My enb settings aren't indicating anything odd with the printscreen settings.

[iNPUT]

//shift
KeyCombination=16

//f12
KeyUseEffect=123

//home
KeyFPSLimit=36

//num / 106
KeyShowFPS=106

//print screen
KeyScreenshot=44

//enter
KeyEditor=13

//f4
KeyFreeVRAM=115

Whatever is causing this has changed a parameter that is more obscure/indirect, or perhaps not normally related to PrintScreen per se.

I've also tried the other .ini files and can't see an obvious link there either. :confused:

• 2 months later...

Thanks @saurusmaximus for the suggestion.

My enb settings aren't indicating anything odd with the printscreen settings.

[iNPUT]

//shift

KeyCombination=16

//f12

KeyUseEffect=123

//home

KeyFPSLimit=36

//num / 106

KeyShowFPS=106

//print screen

KeyScreenshot=44

//enter

KeyEditor=13

//f4

KeyFreeVRAM=115

Whatever is causing this has changed a parameter that is more obscure/indirect, or perhaps not normally related to PrintScreen per se.

I've also tried the other .ini files and can't see an obvious link there either. :confused:

Same problem here. I don't think it's related to ENB settings because the screenshots are being named in the default Skyrim convention Screenshot279.bmp. Also tried to use MO profile with no mods or DLC and the screenshots are still being taken even in the main menu. I have the bAllowScreenshot=0 in skrim.ini

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue (as left hander using End Key as activation key). The problem was that my ENB (Realvision) had the key assignment set. It can be disabled in enblocal.ini but there's another place where you have to disable the End key assignment:

In injector.ini remove the key assigments:

[injector]
;toggle shader keycode
key_toggle =
;make screenshot keycode
key_screenshot =
;reload shader files keycode
key_reload =