ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

What will be the main differences between New Vegas and Fallout 3?

SpellAndShield

Before you do the ending quest, the game will make a save that's loaded after you finished. That's what I heard.

I'd be interested to know if this is actually true. It would seem to be a logical way to satisfy both requirements:

1. Finish the story completely without "loose ends"; and then

2. Allow gamers to keep playing afterwards; thus negating any gripes & inevitable forum rants about NV "not being open-world enough because it ENDS!!!!!1!!one!!!"

I have heard about the save before the final quest; just not that it'll let you play after the credits roll.

Do you have a source, or is this speculation?

Also note: Sorry if I got everyone off-topic and started in about the ending instead. That wasn't my intention. Let the regular discussion continue!

I have heard about the save before the final quest; just not that it'll let you play after the credits roll.

Proof by Contradiction:

If it doesn't allow you to play after credits roll

then the save before you start the last quest

won't allow you to play the last quest either

and that means that the game ends long before the credits roll

making it impossible for the credits to ever roll

Before you do the ending quest, the game will make a save that's loaded after you finished. That's what I heard.

I definitely remember reading that in one of the interviews a while back. It's in one of these pages: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Fallout:_New_Vegas_news

Some new features (as well as some of MY favorites) Would be built in WMK, an upgraded GECK (AT RELEASE!) Lots of new weapons, Iron Sights, the continuation of the fo1/2 stories, the .223 pistol, the 14 mm pistol, Marcus is returning (VOICED ONCE AGAIN BY MICHAEL DORN!) A Pump action animation (hooray!) the Survival skill, the merging of Big guns and Small guns, the disguises system, better graphics, more in-depth story.... Ok, you know what? I could do this all day. Suffice it to say, Fallout: New Vegas is MUCH more than "an add-on pack" for FO3. I hate anybody who says that's all it is. OH! and I love that you can recruit Cassidy's (from FO2) daughter, Cass. Hehe, I like that. He was a great companion.... until I gave him jet one time, which made him instantly die of a heart attack :/

Im going to miss bobbleheads, no boost to your stats with the new snowglobes in F.N.V but Mr House will give you 2000 caps for each globe. Money over skill points still sounds good the bobbleheads in F3 were a needed boost if you had the game set on a harder setting, the new hardcore mode is independent of the games difficulty setting so losing the stat boosts isnt going to be that bad. F.N.V looks awsome old F3 engine and all I cant weight only 1 more day.

I think it's pretty stupid that they're making the same mistake with the ending. They should have learned from the fist game that it wouldn't be a popular decision with gamers as a whole. Some of you might not care but it was clear with FO3 that the majority hated that decision so it was changed with Broken Steel. I honestly can't believe they are making the same boneheaded mistake.

I have to say I kind of like Fallout 3 setting better. In the sense that your in power armor scavaging in downtown areas in a big city. New Vegas seems very empty in comparision specially because I played with the DC interiors mod which added to the whole big city end of the world thing. Now you roam the NV waste with your power armor and you seem out of place all shinny in the desert.