"Steam" required???

Corehound

I definitely wouldn't have bought it. I hate Steam.

Give one good reason why you don't like it.

He's 11 years old and can't afford to buy a legit copy? Steam is very good.

Lol m8ie :laugh:

Read it again, I write "wouldn't have", as in "past tense", so I had the money and already spend it :D

Yeah I'm here often, on FO3 boards mostly, and didn't hear about this either nor read about it in over 12 reviews just prior to me buying it. I was quite pissed and didn't like the download off the net bit either and didn't know about that either until after the fact. I'm capped by my isp.

I hate complaining, especially at a great site like the Nexus which has great folks giving their free time for free and giving what is arguably better content then the games themselves. Damn it's just corporate ripoffs, isp's capping, forced to do things the 'new' way, like creating Steam accounts or you can't play, and then downloading it off the net when you just forked 60 bucks for the game itself. What is this!?! F**kery is what it is.

If not for the Nexus, it's what gives me balance to this situation, I would have been super pissed, not just slightly annoyed.

And Steam doesn't prevent piracy so that excuse has more holes then a Swiss cheese :down:

The problem with Steam is that you can't play the game off-line as I understand it, so if your modem / router has a meltdown or your web provider experience technical problems you can't play the game, same goes if Steam crashes.

Furthermore I'm quite sure Steam has business partners and in case ppl don't know what that means, it means the other partners (companies) can learn your preferences like game types, amount of games (AKA your spendings on games), your e-mail address and a whole lot of other stuff which makes it easier to target adverts in one way or another directly at you.

In many ways game portals are worse then websites like Facebook and similar portals, as you don't expect the game portals to do it as well.

Also met several of ppl who have problems with custom game contents when playing games with game portals.

And lastly, in most cases it's way easier to hack a game account then it is to hack a well protected home computer.

But then again this will only hurt the player and not the game designer, so I guess that's why they don't care lol ;D

I definitely wouldn't have bought it. I hate Steam.

Give one good reason why you don't like it.

I purchased FNV today, and this is my first time using steam:

Steam forced an update on me whilst I was playing the game.

Steam continuely loses connection whilst playing the game

FNV keeps crashing (5 times in 1 hour - this does not happen with any of my other games including Fallout 3 - and no it is not my computer or server!)

We were also told that you could play FNV without having to use steam once the activation was complete, but to ensure the game functions you are forced to use steam. This is a clear case of steam through the back door - the very thing were told on the forum would not be the case.

Like many fans of Fallout 3 I am currently reviewing whether to call it a day and return FNV!

I purchased FNV today, and this is my first time using steam:

Steam forced an update on me whilst I was playing the game. 1)

Steam continuely loses connection whilst playing the game 2)

FNV keeps crashing (5 times in 1 hour - this does not happen with any of my other games including Fallout 3 - and no it is not my computer or server!) 3)

We were also told that you could play FNV without having to use steam once the activation was complete, but to ensure the game functions you are forced to use steam. This is a clear case of steam through the back door - the very thing were told on the forum would not be the case. 4)

Like many fans of Fallout 3 I am currently reviewing whether to call it a day and return FNV! 5)

1) Is not possible. I should know, I was playing TF2 when the Polycount update hit, and I only downloaded the update when I quitted the game.

2) Is academic. Steam doesn't care if you go offline in a single player game, it's just that achievements don't work.

3) Is about par for the course for a newly released Bethesda's Flavour of Gamebryo powered game.

4) Source please.

5) Is not possible (to return the game, since the game is locked to your Steam account for the life of Steam itself).

The problem with Steam is that you can't play the game off-line as I understand it, so if your modem / router has a meltdown or your web provider experience technical problems you can't play the game, same goes if Steam crashes.

Uhh, yeah you can. There's an offline mode.

I find it outrageous that we have to have steam for a sp game. Damn cheaters and hackers making my life miserable. I bought a copy of the game and can't play since update 2 due to steam error 51. How nice.

Ah, the old "delete ClientRegistry.blob in your Steam folder" trick. It hardly ever fails. (Seriously, I found that it's a corrupt ClientRegistry.blob file within ten seconds of using Google).