I feel like I'm punished for exploring...

brandonb1218

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm running into the opposite problem - I'm finding the game extremely easy. There was only one situation I ran into that was difficult beyond comprehension, and that was just north of Goodspring where I ran into some giant flies/bees. Those things just wouldn't die and took no damage from my crappy weapons. So, I went south of Goodspring. Everything in that direction is a joke and I'm swimming in caps/weapons/armor and anything else that has no weight and can sub for money (since all the merchants literally have no caps or no weight items left).

Actually the Devs don't really wan't you going north directly to Vegas thats why they put those super hard impossible to kill mobs there. Remember Sunny Smiles and Trudy in particular tell you Not to go north up I-15

Yup, the option to go north and straight to Vegas is there but MUCH more difficult than taking the southern route and going around the mountains. Besides, if you go straight north you'll miss a lot of things that are along the southern route.

The game treats the fact you got shot in the head and then your fixed up after extensive surgery pretty realistic I think. I mean if anyone of you have had and kind of real surgery where it puts you out for a couple weeks or even a month or two, you know its hard to get back into the swing of things. The early NPCS even tell you.. Stick to the roads, Think of it as you broke your arm and its your cast for the time being. The early Npc's say the NCR has made them safe, and guess what they are! yeah, you dont get to explore as much right off the bat. you cant expect to wake up after what happens and walk out as a badass. Basically what you saying it being hard - yeah i had the same problem, but once i got to level 6-8 or so, I could finally start going to places I had previously had to pass up This was after I had made my 3rd and current character, I wasnt sure how i wanted to play...also the build you pick early on is gonna make a huge difference. putting points into speech or survival isnt a good idea, level up your choice of offense first. Of course since I had the same problem, I at first had differnt views. like things should always go my way, blah blah blah, but the game wasnt built like that. Trust me. Build your character offensivly at first, Stick to the roads. dont go north, and once you follow the first... say idk... 5 quests or so. you get some levels, some caps. and you can really start playing.

This is why I love this game. everything you do. it all has its subtle charms to it that just continually sucks you in.

Cazador's are the bane of my existence. They combine the mobility and unpredictability of bloatflys and the damage of deathclaws. AND THEY MOVE IN PACKS!!!1one

Now that I've got better gear they are easier to deal with... but on lower levels, I admit I used tgm pretty often when facing the buggers.

• 3 weeks later...
I find most of the northern part of the Mojave to be annoyingly empty. Too few fiends, and the area arround the northern Vegas is just ridiculous. I wanted to make a video on how I ran for 20 minutes and ALL I was able to shoot were 3 mad brahmin -_-, but to fraps 10 gigabytes of emptiness was a little to lame ><

When I first started playing NV, I was shocked to see just how deadly cazadores were, but pleasantly surprised to have something other than a deathclaw and enclave trooper in power armor (or mutant behemoth) to take seriously.

But difficulty wise, really its just a matter of learning the new DT system. Certain targets need to go down fast, so you simply need the appropriate weapons/skills for your enemy. The dart gun of FO3 made deathclaws nothing more than a hassle unless they happened to catch you off-guard. It was a trip to actually feel the need to be wary of scorpions for a while. I didn't find the game all that linear considering there's ultimately one "main" quest with several sides to choose from. There are so many things to pursue, you can easily hit 30 without even hitting the strip.

As has been said, there's a reason why that path is so dangerous to early levels. Considering the final quests begin up north, the layout makes sense, as the "main" route meant to be taken has the player crossing several key territories and the option of getting involved with quests for said territories/areas. FO3 was no different, and what I didn't like was the necessity of the sewer system, which was effectively their "road" system. Same thing applied really, low levels couldn't go anywhere, like Old Olney or certain paths East without getting blown up.... I actually prefer NV over FO3 even though NV has been a much buggier experience for me overall. The open areas give you the option of going off the roads at your own risk - afterall, how is it that weak npcs manage to travel all that wasteland without dying, either the threats they face on their routes is comparable to their own (ie minor) or there's some heavy support patrolling constantly. Considering it doesn't take long to start mowing through either or both of the main "patrolling" factions, it must not be the latter....

FO3 could be completed in hours if one really wanted to focus just on the main questline, but the fun was experiencing the world. It wouldn't have been the same without Moira, for example. Same thing can be said for FONV, rush the main questline and you can end it in hours, but the real experience is in the choices you make along the way.

Madae u probbaly think on Casadors @ tribal vilage, for low level chr the best is to shoot them in wings , after that they cant fly and they are very easy to kill.

I killed them all on level 7 @ tribal vilage.

edit:

lol i just responded on old post :laugh:

Edited by Xenno

Tips for low-level exploring (mostly stated in earlier posts)

-Stick to the roads

-Take ED-E with you (as an extra target for enemies, and for extended sensors)

-Learn when to hide, cripple and run, and kill

Although Cazadores really irritate me, I like the fact that the Wastelands are actually deadly if you are not super-powered (remember that you start off as a courier....hardly hero material)

If thats too much to do then,

-Change difficulty to normal or easy...

I have heard of people making it to the Strip by sneaking north on the I-15 right after leaving Goodsprings. Can't imagine that'd be easy. Reminds me of people who'd run the gauntlet to Rivet City in FO3 for something or other....think it was to get a bobblehead early on...can't remember now.

Tips for low-level exploring (mostly stated in earlier posts)

-Stick to the roads

-Take ED-E with you (as an extra target for enemies, and for extended sensors)

-Learn when to hide, cripple and run, and kill

Although Cazadores really irritate me, I like the fact that the Wastelands are actually deadly if you are not super-powered (remember that you start off as a courier....hardly hero material)

If thats too much to do then,

-Change difficulty to normal or easy...

I have heard of people making it to the Strip by sneaking north on the I-15 right after leaving Goodsprings. Can't imagine that'd be easy. Reminds me of people who'd run the gauntlet to Rivet City in FO3 for something or other....think it was to get a bobblehead early on...can't remember now.

In FO3 it was for the intelligence bobblehead (not to mention vendors and several quests) that made it worth "running the gauntlet" although even at level two it was pretty tame if you swam for most of it =)

Sneaking up i15 on the otherhand, a lot more rough with cazadores around - deathclaws are slow and predictable unless alarmed, cazadores on the otherhand seemingly have a high perception and with their speed they can close the gap pretty quick, not to mention they can have the uncanny ability to travel through hard surfaces (ie the ground) to get to their targets. Sneaking up to vegas early doesn't have the same benefit, especially considering the risks.