Sloppy Quality

SealJuice

Put the same application on NV and look at the results. There is no way to get around the fact that NV was released before it was market ready. The game is EFFed up and there is no denial.

The fact there is not a forth-coming official patch that isn't reliant on Steam proves my point. The game isn't being supported. FO3 didn't rely on GFWL to patch the content.

New Vegas is a hack job and very rushed and crappy DLC for FO3. It might be presented as a stand alone game but the attitude of the devs and the people playing the game proves otherwise. There isn't any truly new content being made aside from fixes. No new body mods, no new scipting, no new anything. The game is an imagination and creativity killer.

So FO3 sucked and New Vegas is the 'cure'? :blink: Then New Vegas players have no business using FO3 content for their games, as FO3 was so horrible and wrong and anyone who played it was clueless as to the pure intent of Black Isle. I can only imagine the distain real Fallout fans and players for FO3 modders, whose content they crave.

BTW, I have FO3 running smoothly without errors CTDs or any other foolishness since the 1.7 patch,(aside from the hardcoded male bodymod files).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I can endure the droning background-conversations about Mudcrabs and How to Avoid Same, as long as I've got a giant wilderness to poke around in. When I fiddle with the exterior-cells in the F3 geck, I always get pangs of guilt when I displace some carefully placed rocks out nowhere.

I feel the same way. The straight line from quest object to quest object is a snooze fest and I want to snoop and explore. The detail and depth of OB and FO3 make the games have replay value, though OB has been back in the box since 2009. I like to explore and New Vegas has an 'open world' but I don't dare explore it since the creatures and enemies aren't leveled to match the player. My 2nd level toon stumbled across 12th level enemy NPCs. That's just dumb and a bad dev call.

If Obsidian wanted me to stay put and talk to Doc Mitchell then that boring town should have been placed in a box canyon or on top of a mesa or otherwise isolated from the rest of the game world until the player is X Level and can then move about freely. It is just as dumb as FO3 and not being able to have Charon, Fawlkes, or the Mr. Gusty robot activate Project Purity, since all three of them are immune to radiation. I don't know which is the bigger let down, realizing the game dumb at the begining or at the end. :confused:

EDIT: I was just informed by someone I would trust with my life (thus I value their opinion) that she has ran across Main Quest killers.

For example you wander around and do side quests, and inevitably end up shooting up members of the Legion and the Great Khans, to find yourself stymied for the Main Quest by doing so.

Unhuh. At least I'm not the only one who sees this sh*t for what it is.

The fact there is not a forth-coming official patch that isn't reliant on Steam proves my point. The game isn't being supported. FO3 didn't rely on GFWL to patch the content.
Garbage statement is garbage. Reliance on Steam does not equal no support. I would raise TF2 at this point, but that would be too easy. So instead, I'll point out Supreme Commander 2, which has been receiving a slow, but constant, trickle of patches to this day (or, at least, their last patch was a month ago).

No need to be so darned rude. The fact is that the game is bugged to hell and nothing is being done about it. I have lost count of the number of times that my character has got stuck in rocks and all kinds of stupid things like that. And no, I am not trying to run it on a low end rig (Core I7, ATI 5850, 8Gb RAM).

It is perfectly true that FO3 didn't rely on GFWL to patch the content, which is a good job since probably most of us were running FOSE which disabled GFWL in game. We went to the official site for the patches and begrudgingly had to d/l the DLC by logging separately into our Windows Live account.

Don't tell me that games don't get released in an appalling state. I could mention the Gothic series for example - we suspect that the British release of Arcania has been delayed due to reports of the usual horrendous bugs from European users. I have the Steam version of it and (on the above mentioned rig) have difficulty even getting it to launch. New Vegas shows signs of being as bad.

I must be lucky, because I only tun across 3 or 4 bugs, and its only crashed 10 or so times in the 100 hours that I've played it.

In my experience Fallout 3 was way buggier then New Vegas.

This has been my experience, in fact all but two of the crashes were down to a mod that seemed to disagree with my game. I felt lucky if I managed an hour with FO3 before my desktop put in an unwelcome appearance.

Garbage statement is garbage. Reliance on Steam does not equal no support. I would raise TF2 at this point, but that would be too easy. So instead, I'll point out Supreme Commander 2, which has been receiving a slow, but constant, trickle of patches to this day (or, at least, their last patch was a month ago).

I think its wise to turn off the automatic updates for this title, I don't trust Obsidian or Bethesda not to break more than they fix with their patches.

What the hell kind of rocks are you people walking over? I've never gotten stuck in anything in either F3 or FNV yet, I played F3 till it was so boring to look at I ended up wiping it from my HDD forever.

I gotta say 90 bucks for something like this is a rip-off, to a degree, they're the same engine, hell they're even mostly the same textures, and what's with the NW of the map, you hit this bizarre orange.. (Is it orange? I'm colourblind) texture set for part of the desert, it doesn't look at all like it fits and to be honest, I'm aussie so I've never been to vegas to see if that's what it looks like, but it's ugly... real ugly. 50 bucks tops.

I was hoping for a new engine, I feel it's (possibly) been optimised a bit? but apart from that it annoys me having to install mods, there is nothing worse than keeping track of a million mods and then trying to figure out once an hour why your quest isn't working, and then trying to figure out which mod to disable to get it to work, and then finding out that you can't disable x mod because something will go wrong with the game or your save. This hasn't happened to me yet in FNV, except for a quest near that dinosaur, that NPC (whom I won't mention) would NOT walk in front of the sniper until I disabled all of the mods on my list... I ended up scouring websites despite spoilers to see if there was something I'd missed or done wrong, or a bug that was causing issues, nope, one of the mods I was using must have made enough changes for the NPC to become intermittent.. (Luckily I could disable and re-enable all of them with no problems, testament to how great the modding community here really is) - Most mods shouldn't need to exist really, but I can't imagine it being easy to fit all of that into a game + stay on deadline + anything else that might come up while building a game of such size, but for 90 bucks....

I get a lot of CTD's, at first it was ... maybe hourly, now it's probably at least twice an hour, again, that could be mods, or it could be the game, either way it's annoying.

There's a lot of character re-usage, NCR etc, is that just laziness? it seems like there's one.. maybe two female types of NCR, clones everywhere.

I'd almost prefer Morrowinds style of play too, I'd rather have hundreds of hours of text conversations than a couple days worth of voice dialogue.

I only really found Fallout 3 really buggy when certain mods were introduced, the overhauls like MMM and FOOK being prime examples. I have no issues with it now especially since discovering FO3 Master Update which solves 99.9% of crashing.

I have just given New Vegas another twirl just to see what bugs appeared. It was a case of the quest markers disappearing and then re-appearing this time. As well as the inevitable by gum I'm stuck...in a rock.

What the hell kind of rocks am I walking over? The rocks that are in the game, of course. Just about every time I jump up onto a rock to take a vantage point or snipe. Anywhere I darned well go. It's a real game killer. Good job I don't give a monkey's for achievements as I have to use the console so much.

Damn rocks haha, I swear I haven't gotten stuck in one yet, makes me wonder if certain computer builds don't aggravate the problem or something?

I haven't had quest markers disappear yet (I Think), but I have noticed some strange stuff, when appointing a sheriff to a certain town, there was no marker for him at all once you'd asked him... took me ages to find him and he was in the town all that time!

Unfortunately I have found that adding mods seems to break the game, though in F3 I had so many mods it was inevitable.

This time around I've been picky. But I think installing the texture's from F3 is causing me a lot of CTD's, that was the last mod I did and since then... yeah every 20-30 mins or so.

has anyone else found with steam that a lot of achievements don't seem to stick?