ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

NMM 0.60 Alpha release with profiling, ready for testing

Dark0ne

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this update looks really good the idea of profiles where you have only selected mods for a selected playthrough is really cool

however a question though say "someone" has about 150 mods active in an exact load order if so much as one file gets misplaced the game crashes so will this update mess up the load order

oh and another question say that this "someone" doesn't have a really beefy PC how much time will 150 mods take

thnx

Edited by romanian9

@Cooly

does this mean we can play modded and then switch to none modded on the same game with this profiling?

Yes

@romanian -

however a question though say "someone" has about 150 mods active in an exact load order if so much as one file gets misplaced the game crashes so will this update mess up the load order

No

In response to post #21986174. #21986399, #22008409, #22036654, #22038394 are all replies on the same post.

Since NMM no longer supports XP anyway (There is legacy edition) I don't think it'll matter as you said, increasingly irrelevant. I don't know anyone who still uses WinXP, and with Win10 looking promising, I think it'll be safe to say WinXP has gone the path of WinNT.

In response to post #21986174. #21986399, #22008409, #22036654, #22038394, #22073959 are all replies on the same post.

@Blademaster1215: Well, the sad truth is that as of December 2014 XP still has a market share of probably around 20%. The question is: How many of those are used for playing games? Most of these systems are probably either in ermerging nations or government offices.

Steam statistics show XP at 4%.

i installed it so far so good

something though my un-installation was interrupted (power outage) would be good if you could make a continuation mechanism of some sorts as it continues from where it stopped but totally ignores the mods before the interruption during re-installation (as if they were already not there when you upgraded) if there was no backup for the load order that would've been bad

a thing happened though some times a mod might take a long LONG time to install (not a heavy mod at all) the odd thing is if i quit the installation and reinstall it it installs the mod almost instantly

any idea on that

Edited by romanian9

I have a question. I used symlink to move my skyrim folder from its original install location to my gaming SSD, but to save space I have NMM configured to store downloaded mods in a separate mod folder on my hardrive. Is it safe to use the NMM 0.6 with this setup and how should I set the Virtual Install folder? I would like to have Skyrim on SSD, Virtual Install on SSD as well and packed MODs on my HDD. Is it possible? Also clicking to the three dot button next to VirtualInstall doesn´t bring up the Window, where I can choose the folders.

This looks extremely interesting, but when I tried running it the program froze trying to deal with the first mod and after twenty minutes I decided to bag it. Tried again and have it just delete all mods, but again it froze. Will wait until a more stable version. Probably something to do with my mods. and I did not read sufficiently in the documentation. But, for the while, I'll stick with the older stable version

This sounds very interesting. I already use MO to do a similar thing. I have 4 different playthroughs with different mods enabled in each game. When I want to switch characters, I have to just run SkyProc and Fnis and I'm good to go. With NMM will that still be necessary if you use those two utilities?