New distribution permissions options for all files

Dark0ne

If the author has given you permission to use their work, and you can prove it (or they won't say to the contrary when we ask them) then you'll be absolutely fine. There are obviously going to be a few legacy issues while we wait for mod authors to update their preferences accordingly.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely like this, it should process stuff more easily and it should provide a good insight with the means 'when nothing is filled in' it's just a NO as it usually also means.

Can you try and give it a go now? Think there was a slight bug in the code.

Now it works. Thumbs up for this new system!

Put it in the "Permission instructions".

Well, OK. I still think it would be a good idea to add an option like "See the special instructions" just so that people don't get confused, but maybe it's not really necessary.

Can we get a method to save our settings across files (IE to our account)? I can't imagine peoples opinion on their distribution permissions changing for every mod they upload and :effort:. Would really help for older mods because I know I'm not the only one who isn't going to bother going through all my old mods adding the same stuff.

If the author has given you permission to use their work, and you can prove it (or they won't say to the contrary when we ask them) then you'll be absolutely fine.

I think it should be clarified then - what constitutes proof in your eyes?

Good feature though, I'll have to go poke around with it now to see what's what :)

I'm really glad about this.

I've noticed quite a few things pop up on the NewVegasnexus radar that shouldn't be there and, for people like me, who are spending time waiting to get permissions to make conversions, it sucks seeing the privileges provided by other modders abused like that.