⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Real Roman Armor

Mr Lepidus

Well If you haven't already suggested this, why not give some of them a unique roman looking power armor? Surely such fevor for roman society would've inspired some cosmetic changes to power armor they may have "scavenged" from others.

Heres a link to a thread with ideas for power armor designs

Inspirations For New Power Armors

And a link to deviant art of a roman power armor design

Legion Could Have power armor

Roman Power Armor

If a modeler wanted to take the time to make this I'm sure it would become rather popular, hope these inspire some new Ideas.

The DeviantArt pic of the roman power armor looks pretty awesome if you ask me. Now we just need an armor modder who gives the legion some love :biggrin:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I love the DeviantArt picture. It's very reminiscent of Roman armor, and would give the Legion an epic feel, rather than an evil one. Really, they aren't as evil as people say, and if they looked more like the Brotherhood and less like those gay bikers from the Road Warrior, then we'd be good.

That would ruin the wasteland part of it.

It's not hard to stamp a coin. A suit of armor, now that's different.

Most certainly. It's the vibe more than anything. For heaven's sake, look at the rescources the NCR has at it's disposal and look at the almost cobbled equipment they have (which is actually referred to about recruits having what they can get). Nothing fancy. And as for the Legion, they are in the more 'unsettled' regions with tribes united under Caesar's banner - I assume 90% of them are uneducated thugs and simple tribesman as per the FO ethos. In fact his minters (with possibly an old bottlecap press or two?) are 50% of his artisans?

I don't see they have much of the resources required? There would be a small army of scavengers scouring the wastes for useful pieces of armour and another small army of women and/or slaves to put it together. I even imagine that recruits may have to find half of their own armour and cobble it together - the only reason it is not shown in game is because the arts department aren't going to draw hundreds of different armours just for that individual look.

And that is just my take on it, I don't see any of the tribes having the skill to make chainmail on the scale suggested (and I know people that make the stuff and the time it takes)?

Yes, I love the DeviantArt picture. It's very reminiscent of Roman armor, and would give the Legion an epic feel, rather than an evil one. Really, they aren't as evil as people say, and if they looked more like the Brotherhood and less like those gay bikers from the Road Warrior, then we'd be good.

Not as evil? ROFPMSL!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

I probably would like to see the Legionary Primes wearing either Lorica Hamata made out of old shark diving suits or Lorica Segmenta out of cut up traffic signs and other sheet metal.

The Veteran Legionaries I think they will be wearing modified combat armour

Edited by Roviakin71