The biggest memory eater in new vegas?

SoM3

Its weird becuase the game runs nearly exacly the same (which is pretty crappy) on lowest and highest details .... So my question is, which of the visual options in the game eats most of my computer memory?

You should get the d3d9.dll fix for ATi or Nvidia.

It is found Here

ATI- http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34970

Nvidia- http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34778

Try disabling "water refractions" and "Transparency multisampling", and set "water multisampling" to low.

Set AA to 0 (The minor graphical update is not worth the FPS kill), set AF to a number between 0 and 8 (you can't see any difference above 8) i recommend 4 since it does not impact performance a lot and the graphics look a good bit better.

A friendly advice, next time you ask for help post your PC specs too, so we can know what setting you should set on/off.

Hope i helped.

Thank you very much for the answer!

Im already using the dll fix, but its seems that there's no fps difference on my PC.

Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT

AMD 64 X2

2 GB ram

I tryied your advice... game still runs pretty crappy, especialy in Vaults.... Actually its weird, because both Oblivion and Fallout 3 had amazing fps problems with launched AA on my pc (and runned perfectly with AA disabled) when New Vegas runs exacly the same with and without AA

Any more advice would be appreciated

Thank you very much for the answer!

Im already using the dll fix, but its seems that there's no fps difference on my PC.

Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT

AMD 64 X2

2 GB ram

I tryied your advice... game still runs pretty crappy, especialy in Vaults.... Actually its weird, because both Oblivion and Fallout 3 had amazing fps problems with launched AA on my pc (and runned perfectly with AA disabled) when New Vegas runs exacly the same with and without AA

Any more advice would be appreciated

resolution doesn't really affect performance that much, it's the shaders that will, though. if you want maxfps, turn off HDR/bloom lighting. this will drastically change your game, but give you the best performance.