Grimoire 2.0: Apocalypse-type spell package

steelfeathers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grats with release. But why as separate mod and not update of old version?

Will it work if I rename it to Grimoire.esp? (so that I didnt need to remake my tweaked bashed patch).

No, it won't work if you do that. And I posted it as a new mod because it IS a new mod.

This is a really really cool looking spell mod!

I think it would be awesome if you could add an immersive armor style mcm menu. It would also help resolve the issue with duplicate spells if feasible.

I disagree with pelopida regarding stone golem. As far as I know there is no rule that says only conjurgation can give you followers and the golem spell feels natural. The poison/death type spells as restoration make sense in the same way that permas aura type spells do though spells like black swarm may be a bit more questionable. Speaking of perma that corpse store spell looks like a godsend for conjurgation mage who don't want to use perma. On a similar note, that dwemer automaton spell was the only option outside of perma, the not necessarily lore friendly dwemertech, and the old unsupported dwemer certified for dwemer automaton summoning. Although I would say that using a spell would perhaps feel a little less natural than via smithing or the like, it would still make sense. Stuff like rewire would probably be a little harder to complain about though. Even so it may be better to keep it out with perma and dwemertech around unless you implement an mcm menu.

Regarding the medusa spell, I think the insta death type alteration spell thing could have been more tastefully done. To me a spell named Medusa's Stare sounds almost lazy. Like, Medusa is a spell and sword type thing let's just make an alteration spell based on that! It wouldnt be such a thing if elder scrolls wasnt a game series with such an established fleshed out lore. What I think would be really cool is if you had a spell where using your alteration based mastery over matter you could just rend your enemies to dirt tearing apart the forces that make them material. it could be called dematerialize or rend matter, or something like that. Such a spell would make me feel like a mighty reality bending alteration mage indeed. I'd love it if such a thing could exist whether or not it replaced the medusa one. I would be hella immersive to be able to do such a thing as an alteration mage. I'd love it if someone made such a thing. After looking into there was an enemy in Arena named medusa that had a paralyzing ability.

One with the shadows sounds a bit overpowered and like it may make sneaking useless without some kind of nerf. Maybe its effectiveness could somehow be tied to your sneak skill? Or it could passively drain Magicka until you run out or manually deactivate the spell. I'd say it could drain life, but you would have to find a way to make that feel natural.

In general this mod has tons of amazing stuff, great ideas, and it isn't tied to stuff I don't want like with perkus maximus.

Great job!

Edited by FiendishJZA