FO:NV, Steam, and Pirating

kaburke

Yes but are they complaining about a game that is running? Mine won't run AT ALL. They have sold me something that is not fit for the purpose, quite apart from the fact that as regards New Vegas, you really cannot control the autoupdates even though they say you can. They are making me CROSS.

I've been here with steam (same issue and had to format and reinstall windows after steam totally botched the install) and didn't get my money back. I was also threatened with a ban if I raised the issue again so I wont have steam on my pc, thankfully I only had four games that require steam and their replay value is low.

As for New Vegas, I've seen far to many negative posts and talked to too may unhappy people to be bothered about not being able to play it. Really think Beth dropped the ball twice by involving steam in whats essentially a modders game and by releasing it with far too many bugs and before people start giving it the "all games have bugs routine", the answer is yes they do but it seems to be becoming a far too often occurence to be seeing comments like "bugfest", "unplayable" and "god this game needs a serious patch" instead of "this game is great". Things need to change for the better.

Really hope you get your money back Ginny

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be the only one who actually likes Steam and is thankful to Valve for making and persevering with it.

When Steam was first released around the launch of Half-Life 2 it was truly, truly awful. It has improved leaps and bounds since then.

As a foremost multiplayer gamer who has many friends all around the globe playing 20 odd different multiplayer games at any one time it is absolutely brilliant for me to log on, see who's playing what, and pick and choose who I want to play with and on what games. And in the mean-time Steam has automatically updated my games in the background while I've been working all day so that when it comes time to actually play the game I can, instead of waiting an hour to download and install a manual update.

I can understand to a point why people don't want Steam for their singleplayer games, but I've bought plenty of SP games on Steam too and have no issue with them, either. Then again I have Steam on all day, as I have no reason not to, and as I said before Steam is more than just a Digital Distribution Platform for me.

I haven't had any issues with it, and in fact, my CD version didn't install correctly for some reason, and steam updated it for me, which I thought was great. I'm liking it more than I actually expected to. And now for the important stuff: I have no idea who's getting married, must be one of Diana's boys. We only watch Nick Jr, PBS newshour (they didn't mention it last night), and Jeopardy.

.... And now for the important stuff: I have no idea who's getting married, must be one of Diana's boys. We only watch Nick Jr, PBS newshour (they didn't mention it last night), and Jeopardy.

:laugh: You watch more then we do. Loooooved Jeopardy, but now we don't have a cable, antenna, or dish. Just a DVD (ok, upgraded to a Blu-Ray) player. Oh, and the internet, of course! ;D

You must just have been lucky with Steam, Dark0ne. I bitterly resent £35 paid for beggar all. As well as the fact that it just isn't as configurable as it likes to make out (eg cannot turn the auto updates off, chooses where to install the games...) But then as I only really like SP games, many of the features of Steam are of no use to me. I am always wary of auto updates as the official game patches so often break more than they fix...ahermm...Bethesda patches....Sacred 2 patches...need I say more?

Sorry beginning to get cross again. (Puffs inhaler) Still no reply from Steam non - support. Tried advising my bank and they are going to write to them.

Yay Myrmaad, it's Charles and Diana's eldest, William, getting wed, and the coverage is sickening (and I'm a Royalist.)

Well it is always depressing... =P

Then when something that is meant to be good they literally do cover it too much.

A WHOLE hour news just for it? I mean what the hell?

It's not even a big deal.

Off topic... But it's better than round the clock quasi-political bickering inter-spaced with random bits of speculation of anything else that might suddenly be happening (usually reported before any research or fact checking has been done). And don't even get me started on the mindless and often offensive chatter on some morning shows. And it's been like this since 2007.

I seem to be the only one who actually likes Steam and is thankful to Valve for making and persevering with it.

When Steam was first released around the launch of Half-Life 2 it was truly, truly awful. It has improved leaps and bounds since then.

As a foremost multiplayer gamer who has many friends all around the globe playing 20 odd different multiplayer games at any one time it is absolutely brilliant for me to log on, see who's playing what, and pick and choose who I want to play with and on what games. And in the mean-time Steam has automatically updated my games in the background while I've been working all day so that when it comes time to actually play the game I can, instead of waiting an hour to download and install a manual update.

I can understand to a point why people don't want Steam for their singleplayer games, but I've bought plenty of SP games on Steam too and have no issue with them, either. Then again I have Steam on all day, as I have no reason not to, and as I said before Steam is more than just a Digital Distribution Platform for me.

Not at all, I use Steam a lot and quite like it. I still prefer physical media but have no problem with using Steam. They supported PC gaming when other retailers gave up on it, they also support modding and indie titles, they're not the evil they're made out to be. The service is completely different to the unholy mess it was around Half Life 2s release.

Well it is always depressing... =P

Then when something that is meant to be good they literally do cover it too much.

A WHOLE hour news just for it? I mean what the hell?

It's not even a big deal.

It wouldn't have been so bad if it was only an hour, they were banging on about it all day and today they were at it again. Maybe she'll be able to afford to eat now, poor girl looks like she only gets one meal a week.