New advanced search filter to sort by usable assets

Dark0ne

I have added a new filter to the Advanced Search on the site to allow you to search by files that have their permissions set to "Yes, but you must credit me for all the files you use" or "Yes, no credit or permission needed" under "Users can use assets contained in my files in their own files".

This should allow mod authors who are looking for usable assets to quickly find files that have been made open for others to use under certain conditions.

*giggles* I don't think Dark0ne sleeps much, if at all.

On a serious note, this is a good thing to see; I just wish EABioware was as responsive to updating or adding new features to their DA mods site.

Wow, that REALLY narrows the field down! As an example, I searched for a term that surely must be one of the most used, HGEC. Without the new filter, pages and pages. With the filter... 9 entries!

Edit: actually, that should have been 10 entries. Need more sleep!

Edited by Hickory

Got to remember that the permission system that this filter is using is very new. Some mod authors who released their files as open source, or usable with permission, have either left or haven't updated their file permissions yet. So there are still lots out there that you can use, but this search filter will help.

795 of how many thousands have permissions set, People need to check their permissions as it looks real restricted otherwise.

only 61 of 177 in models section have them set

Give it time. This new search capability is just "one more tool in the kit". If it doesn't do a better job over time, don't use it.

795 of how many thousands have permissions set, People need to check their permissions as it looks real restricted otherwise.

only 61 of 177 in models section have them set

It's either a matter of they haven't taken the time to set the permissions or they feel that having it in two different places is redundant and aren't going to add it in the file settings. I hope I'm wrong on that second part, though.