About Nehrim

Moire

I took a look at this mod called Nehrim which seems very extensive and I have some questions about it before I start putting my energy into it. I want some insight from people who have played it preferably. If you can't answer everything, just answer what you can. :)

1 How do you play it technically? Will you have two separate games that exists parallel to each other or do you have to adjust your install to Nehrim?

2 Can you use combat mods such as Deadly Reflex with Nehrim?

3 How are the races done aesthetically? Can I add my own races?

4 What does the armors for females tend to look like? Do they show some skin or is it the standard chainmail armor like in Oblivion?

5 Is the speech in German or did they do separate speech for the English version? This will pretty much determine if I will play it or not.

Edited by Moire

as far as i know, it basically is a new game, though it uses Oblivion as a base

so you can play one, and then play the other, without switching anything

as for the other three questions, they are all about mods basically

so if a combat mod was made for Nehrim (you can search and see if one was made) then you can use it

and you can add a new race, and there have been some races that i have seen ported to use in Nehrim, so they look as good as in Oblivion

and if a replacer was made, to make armors skimpier, than if you use it, the armors will be skimpier

basically, think of it as Oblivion without mods (as it uses the same assets)

- Nehrim uses assets of vanilla Oblivion. (Remember, this is Total Conversion... I realized how 'horrible' vanilla Oblivion facial textures are when I started Nehrim; I immedietly quit, and installed some texture/body replacers)

- Speech is in German; you'll have to turn on subtitles when you're playing English version.

- About Nehrim with mods, there're some threads about that at SureAI forum and official Oblivion forum.

Edited by LFact

- Nehrim uses assets of vanilla Oblivion. (Remember, this is Total Conversion... I realized how 'horrible' vanilla Oblivion facial textures are when I started Nehrim; I immedietly quit, and installed some texture/body replacers)

- Speech is in German; you'll have to turn on subtitles when you're playing English version.

- About Nehrim with mods, there're some threads about that at SureAI forum and official Oblivion forum.

Well, if the speech is in german I won't play it so no need to post anything else. Thanks for your answers.

Well, if the speech is in german I won't play it so no need to post anything else. Thanks for your answers.

Then you lose out, big style.

Like you, I thought speech being in german would bug me to death, but I gave it a try anyway, after about an hour of gameplay I forgot to notice it was in a foreign language and read the subtitles without even thinking about it.

Nehrim itself is a game I would have happily paid full retail for in a shop and I hold the SureAI team in high regard.

It really would be a pity for you to miss out on a great "free" gaming experience like Nehrim because of the spoken language.

Nehrim is great, it's more stable and faster incorporating many of the bug fixes that been developed over the years and many resources. Being in German doesn't bother me since I mostly just take screenshots anyway, gorgeous locations some them quite epic.

I found this thread most helpful when setting it up:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1118767-nehrim-and-mods/page__hl__nehrim

Okay, I will give it a try then.

Good for you, but be warned (in a good way), the main quest is highly addictive and I was pulling 12 hour gaming sessions untill I had completed it.

As Victoria said, its beautiful, you'll be whacking away at your printscreen with every new vista that opens up to you.

Don't be surprised if you get lower fps than normal Oblivion, theres a lot more detail and stuff going on in the Nehrim worldspace, didn't cause me any problems though.

Follow the install instructions to the letter and if you have questions, heres a link to the English side of the Nehrim forums.

http://www.sureai.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=81

Above all, have fun.