Helsmyrr New Settlement :: Need a Quest/Interior Designer

Maverick11

http://i.imgur.com/vXB747u.jpg

Been working on a new aesthetic settlement and it's coming along rather nicely. A fair portion of the roughing is done and I thought I would put an attempt to find a quest and interior designer. This will be the second settlement I worked on and after the last one I feel I learned enough to do everything properly this time.

I am looking to make this a partner project. I don't have much in terms of story or design goals to share because I am kinda going on the whim. I figured that would be better to encourage some people to assist and add their own creativity. Right now the layout of the town is in a good place but If I managed to recruit a couple people it would give me more time to and flexibility to be creative on the exterior and storyline. I will share what I know.

Theme

Right now I am trying to make Helsmyrr a town that is beautiful by day but a place you don't want to lurk around at night. I want her to feel like she belongs in Skyrim but have an eerie feel to it which provides plenty of opportunity for a good story. The name is very Norse but original as far Google knows. So it will fit into Skyrim. I used Riften architecture because outside of the farm architecture, it is the only ones which feel like they can fit into the wild. I added some images which are still alpha but good enough to display for the time being.

http://i.imgur.com/AST12oU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mz2OUUa.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2U5BLQ4.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/o3PJZ7w.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2SGZsKR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GAFRSPE.jpg

What I am looking for

I will happily settle with two people to work on this with me. I don't want to manage people and I want to keep this fun. So I will be looking for a couple experienced individuals who are confident and diligent enough to get this done. Please send me a PM for anyone who is interested.

Interior Designer

I need an interior designer who can make things look a little more natural and break my OCD symmetrical designs so we can avoid having every interior looking fairly similar. I would need to see past work or at least images of your potential.

Quest Designer

This role is the only reason I decided to make a team because I didn't want to release this mod without some interaction and dialogue. I need someone who can make some rich quest designs, add dialogue and is 100% committed to make this town awesome. I will gladly write a script, manage voice actors or w/e else if required. You will have full creative freedom but I will influence on the dialogue/story.

Potential Talented Candidates

If you feel like you have something you can offer such as texture talent, modeling, photoshop skills, w/e feel free to let me know.

Weapon and Armor Donations

I wanted to add shops with entirely unique items to sell as opposed to the same randomly generated generic equipment were used to seeing in Skyrim. While there is some some good resources available, I will ask here if anyone would like to donate their equipment mod to be showcased in Helsmyrr. Your equipment will not be tossed into a list for the vendor to be sold but rather have a unique individuality based on the quality of your work. That means quest lines or high gold prices for your work with the obvious credits available. I don't want to be that guy who spams messaging people to use their assets so i'll ask here and only here. I want Helsmyrr to be a town that players have a reason to frequently visit.

Release Date

It all depends on the ambition of the quest designer, assuming I find one. I'll have a better idea when I know more.

Notice

I will keep my progress updated and clean this thread up tomorrow. If you would like to view more pictures you can check them on my steam profile here.

Edited by Maverick11

This is looking really great. I'm really busy right now, as Beyond Skyrim is going to be throwing a bunch of quests and implementation stuff at me soon. However, I may be able to help if no one else volunteers. I'll see - but only if no one else does. I might be able to get some interior designers to contact you.

A couple of questions:

- How are you managing sharing of assets? Merging with TES5Edit? Version Control (probably best)? Or would everybody have to wait on the others work to finish?

- Do you intend to have a main quest or just the dialogue and a couple of side quests? Depending on the size of the sidequests and the availability of time for the quest designer, it could take longer depending on the amount of dialogue and sidequests.

- Do you intend to have voice acting? That would add another couple of weeks after the quests to send off the lines and get them in, but I'd be happy to get you some great quality VAs and even if I don't do quest design, I would be happy to implement voice acting if your quest designer couldn't/didn't want to.

An "I need people for my mod" thread done right. Cool.

I am swamped with my own mod but I wish you the best of luck.

Righto. ;)

plus he's got experience and some great stuff to show for it.

- How are you managing sharing of assets? Merging with TES5Edit? Version Control (probably best)? Or would everybody have to wait on the others work to finish?

Most definitely merging content. Most designing assets will be used with vanilla materials and resources will need to be talked about. I'll have Helsmyrr fully cleaned and organized on cell layout so everything is ready to go.

- Do you intend to have a main quest or just the dialogue and a couple of side quests? Depending on the size of the sidequests and the availability of time for the quest designer, it could take longer depending on the amount of dialogue and sidequests.

I am limited on my decisions and is entirely based on the quest designer until I know who is available. A main quest line does sound fun though but I would be happy with a few exciting side quests also.

- Do you intend to have voice acting? That would add another couple of weeks after the quests to send off the lines and get them in, but I'd be happy to get you some great quality VAs and even if I don't do quest design, I would be happy to implement voice acting if your quest designer couldn't/didn't want to.

Most definitely will be voice actors which I will start looking for when Helsmyrr is closer to finalized. I do appreciate your offer and will look for you if I don't find anyone available. A full voiced town would be something I could live with in the end. I would have a full written script available for each actor so it will be organized and there wont be a lot of back and forth. Though I never managed this before, we'll see how it plays out. I am hoping the quest designer will do all that. :D

Edited by Maverick11

When does this period for looking fort team members end? Just PM me if you want help and no one has offered. Else I'll probably forget. :tongue:

It ends when I finish all the interiors, exterior, navmeshing, NPC's and packaging. So about less then a month. When everything is done i'll give you a shout.