BLOG PIECE: Modding as a hobby versus modding as a career, and the position of the Nexus

Dark0ne

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24427299. #24436169 is also a reply to the same post.

RandomAcronyms wrote:
Zaldiir wrote: Could we please stop tossing around the word "greedy" just because people want a little bit of compensation for their work?

No, its greed, plain and simple. Modders wanna make money? Do what everyone else does. Become a developer.

In response to post #24427299. #24436169, #24559099 are all replies on the same post.

RandomAcronyms wrote:
Zaldiir wrote: Could we please stop tossing around the word "greedy" just because people want a little bit of compensation for their work?
Donseluke wrote: No, its greed, plain and simple. Modders wanna make money? Do what everyone else does. Become a developer.

Are you serious? A guy spends hundreds of hours making a mod for you which gives you 50+ hours of additional fun on a game and then he asks you for 5 dollars(I'm guessing the mod price will be more like $1 when the system settles) and you call him greedy? No man it's you who is greedy.

Charging for mods are just going to led to people to putting up mods they bought on pirate sites for others which is never good for anyone, I already seen mods that were free the other day costing money now. I'll get my mods from the nexus Like i always did f@ck the steam workshop and their money grab. The only thing that worries me is all the modders taking down their mods because they now want money for them.

In response to post #24427299. #24436169, #24559099, #24559199 are all replies on the same post.

RandomAcronyms wrote:
Donseluke wrote: No, its greed, plain and simple. Modders wanna make money? Do what everyone else does. Become a developer.
cplfernandez wrote: Are you serious? A guy spends hundreds of hours making a mod for you which gives you 50+ hours of additional fun on a game and then he asks you for 5 dollars(I'm guessing the mod price will be more like $1 when the system settles) and you call him greedy? No man it's you who is greedy.

The sense of entitlement some of you people have borders on a personality disorder. Modders do not owe you anything, if they can make a couple of bucks off their work, good for them.

This reminds me of this article http://www.pcgamer.com/gta-4-icenhancer-creator-taking-break-from-modding-after-years-of-abuse/

No wonder some modders don't release their mods to the public at all.

The way people react to this by insulting the modders and saying "I can get this for free on the nexus" is crazy. Of course you get the mod on the nexus, because modders uploaded it here for everyone to enjoy as well. Edited by Leros

I dont see why the two can not live in harmony. If I start making mods for SW then it will only be hat mods. I make some money (admitably only 25% of the total revenue) and if it gets stolen then its just a hat. It worked for TF2 so why not Skyrim?

-Natterforme