• 61+

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In less than 2 months I'll be moving up 1 age category.

Anything over 16 I feel is old on the internet. On the other hand I believe maturity comes after age 22 so the previous statement is meaningless but I still believe it. I've yet to meet a serious and mature 16 yo. I like dealing with people my age or older though. I really don't like children, online or off.

Anything over 16 I feel is old on the internet.

You would think, with so many youngsters having the greatest Oracle on Earth at their fingertips (and her name be Google), you would find more maturity online. But of course, you don't. :wallbash:

There's a funny thing about getting older. Older is always older than you are, and younger is always younger than you are.

I'm 16. I must admit I generally tell people on the internet I'm 18, due to the prejudice most people have towards those under the age of 18 because of the general assumption in many forums that people who are not legally adults are all either ITGs (Internet Tough Guys), completely immature or angsty self-proclaimed non-conformists.

I've yet to meet a serious and mature 16 yo.

Well you've just found one. My main priority at the moment is perfecting my knowledge of the C++ programming language, and my general priority in life is expansion of my knowledge (from reliable sources) in various fields of science (math too, but that's one of my weak points). I have an open mind when it comes to video game genre's, some of my favorite games are from the 90's, so cutting-edge graphics are not a must for me. And no, I'm not some fat kid who acts smart to compensate for a total lack of social skills, I'm not a basement dweller if you get my drift.

Sure, in the 'realm of real life', a majority of 16 year old guy's priorities are either getting laid (don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those guys who absolutely can not get a girlfriend and sneers at people who do, I just don't find sex an important priority for me at the moment), playing Call of Duty, etc, but its unfair to assume all 16, even 15 year olds are immature.

Edited by GetOutOfBox

You would think, with so many youngsters having the greatest Oracle on Earth at their fingertips (and her name be Google), you would find more maturity online. But of course, you don't. :wallbash:

I would say things like Google have created the opposite effect, as in create more immaturity. My generation I would say is very impatient and expectant of results simply because of the nature of the Internet. It's quite ubiquitous. There is hardly ever a time when an answer to some homework problem or whatever it may be is out of grasp; the solution is a some keystrokes and clicks away, or a forum. The real world hardly always works that way. But for those who realize that, the web is an infinite realm of knowledge to help foster creativity and growth.

I'm 16. I must admit I generally tell people on the internet I'm 18, due to the prejudice most people have towards those under the age of 18 because of the general assumption in many forums that people who are not legally adults are all either ITGs (Internet Tough Guys), completely immature or angsty self-proclaimed non-conformists.

It always upsets me to hear things like this. Blame it on the anonymity of the net.