Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

I don't think so. Notch has it coded so it pops off if you remove the supports of the painting.

I'm not sure a star fort would work with the way Minecraft is. A square fort with watchtowers sticking out would probably looks the best. Anything with too many angles will look like a jumbled mess when you add crenelations.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about a city like Venice? This could be either medieval or from the era of gunpowder, but it would involve canals and boat stalls. The boat stalls could be public or private, and people could get spaces to store their own boats, much like the land purchase system. This would allow for easy travel, and it would look very cool if all the canals were uniform. Stop signs could be made out of fence posts and red wool, so that boat collisions would be minimal. Canals would have to be two blocks wide or they would have to be one way. The canal system would be a lot like roads, and they could either be English (Left-side driving) or American (Right-side driving). The majority of the world is right-side driving, but I know a lot of people here are English and would prefer to have that system of boating. Either way, I think this would be a beautiful, practical addition to the city.

Yeah, buttons doesn't like paintings over them. You can't activate them, and they stick out like a sore thumb if it was possible. Although, in the process, I did find paintings ignore collision with switches when placed and you can integrate a switch into a painting provided that you place the switch first then the painting.

I tried putting a switch behind a painting, but lo and behold, like you said, the painting "pops off" after a short time much like a flower would if you remove the dirt underneath it. So much for hiding triggers and secret passages behind 2x3 paintings!

Edited by ziitch

I tried out a couple of things and I figured out how to make a hidden door. Awesome. Not telling anyone tho since I am so using it in my next house :laugh:

I will be building near the spawn, I don't like the idea of the new city sounds too restrictive, I will sell stuff to those pasing through as well as food stuffs

I don't think Venice would work; it'd require a lot more design and forethought than we are capable of (No offense).

Seeing how nobody has come up with a better seed, ArgoIsAwesome it is.