Unofficial TESNexus Minecraft Server

Ethre

Ok just bought the game. Wanted to jump on the server for noob advice but it looks like it's down. Should I setup a server and make it official? 24 players? :X

Me, Ub3r and the other players think we should just make you an admin and remove the "un" from the name.

We rather like the world we've built...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the server coming back? Noticed it's limited to 8 players too...is that going to be a problem? Is there a way of transferring the world?

Hmm? The servers up right now. And yeah, if Ethre sends you the world data, you can make that the servers world. But things like warps wont work, and craftbook.

The amount of players can be easily increased.

Edited by katashy

**Vagrant wants his account back**

On a side note, my beach house is supposed to be that way, please don't go screwing it up, took a long time to dig it out and get the lava right. It's there specifically so that the odd trespasser will have to learn a quick lesson.

Edited by Vagrant0

Server's up, just had problems that one day. I take it down for a couple minutes ever couple of days or so, but other than it should be up 24/7/52.

I'll be happy to give you access to it, and the world can be easily transferred if the decision is to switch. If its to stay/expand this server, that is easily done too. With the exception of the down time a couple of days ago, I have been quite happy with this server host. Of course, there are some limitations to hosting it externally.

FYI: I've prepaid until some time in March, so if you host a server elsewhere, this one will still stay up through then.

Map: Still in the works, not forgotten about.

Oh yes, and regarding this world - the benefit to keeping it is mostly in the infrastructure. That takes a good deal of time to build (especially now that tools die). Of course, starting new is fun too. Am I being ambivalent enough? ;)

Also, new craftbook test recipe. This should work. (Let me cross my fingers)

Snow: one(1) water bucket and four(4) pieces of coal.  

Spawn's been fixed - took me twenty minutes to walk from the fish house. Darn dialup! Makes for some interesting conversations though.

Edit: Looks like Argo beat me to it.

Mobs are enabled. Consider it a test for now. If they become too problematic, we'll revert (server backed up to right before mob enablement).

How did you get lava down there anyways, Vagrant?

Edit: I noticed that not regenerating health is a serious drawback to having mobs on. I did some research into the matter, and there appears be a mod called Bukkit which allows you to specify health regeneration separate from mobs, along with a number of other server settings. Do you think you could look into the possibility of installing it?

'nother edit: Okay, looks like Bukkit isn't out yet. However, the predecessor of the mod, HMod, seems to do the exact same thing if health regeneration is all you want changed.

Edit: wait, is hMod the same thing as Hey0's?

hMod (server mod) is from Hey0 (player/user). Yes, bukkit is going to replace hMod eventually...that could be a few weeks away. Hey0 will quit developing for minecraft so everyone's forced to use it after they dropped it and a new minecraft update is out.

How did you get lava down there anyways, Vagrant?

Got lava down there because it's all the way to bedrock and below lava layer. When I built it, there wasn't any lava in the bottom and I had to be careful about flooding it in a way that I could get out in one piece.

What sort of greifing happened at spawn? Although I can technically access my account I can't seem to log into the server.