No One Wanted to Believe...

melkormgc

I I'm mostly concerned about the leveled items/enemies business which seems to have carried on in the Fallout games.

i guess we played different fallout 3s. since fo3 had none of those

hes right..the weapons you would find on a raider at level 1 were exactly the same as the ones at 30, It was more like morrowind than oblivion in that sense.

I'm quite certain there is some level scaling in the game. Enemy spawns are affected by it... it's really hard to meet a Deathclaw or Yao Guai at level 1, but at level 20 they're everywhere.

Merchants got around the wastelands fine early levels... but if the player is level 20, then they all end up getting shredded up and killed by the tougher enemies.

Anyway, regardless of all that. Even if I'm wrong, I just hope they never pick up the habit in Oblivion again where they give you weaker versions of quest rewards simply because you're a low level at the time. It made me wait until level 25+ all the time before doing quests which is terribly unfun. I always wondered "Did I just get a weaker version of a really useful/unique item?".

I'm confient that it will be even further dumbed down for the instant gratification console kiddies. And require Steam to run. :( They dumbed Oblivion down until it had lost much of what made Morrowind so good.

I hope to be proven wrong, but somehow I have little confidence.

sadly I feel the same way :( But, I'm still excited.

In Fallout new vegas the whole levelled environment thing is almost completely gone, at least while playing it in hardcore mode. For example, if you wonder up north as soon as you start the game you would bump into a freaking death claw and, save miracles or bugs, end up dead in a matter of seconds.

That's another thing they should consider adopting, Hardcore mod. And a crafting system.