The Dragonborn, who do you think it is?

hlvr

The topic says it all ;)

As we remember from Oblivion, the Dragonborn refers to Talos, Tiber Septim, or the line of the Septims in general (or at least something towards that direction).

Although it is kind of confusing, since the last of the Dragonborn died in Oblivion. I quote from Oblivion concercning what Baurus said about Martin "He truly was the Dragonborn... the last, and perhaps the greatest of all the Septims."

Personally, I think the Dragonborn means that you are the reincarnation, or something similiar, of Talos, just like how you were the Nerevarine in Morrowind.

In Morrowind, there were also some quests... if I remember correctly they were in two dungeons. They concerned two different prisoners, who needed help. And once you freed them, you were informed of in the journal that they might have been the Nine themselves, who had showed themselves to test you (or something like that). Perhaps the Dragornborn in this case follows the similar idea?

What do you think? Who do you think the Dragonborn is?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's obvious that he (Or she) is the main protaganist, but details are sketchy. IMAO, I believe he's just a character who recieves the name as a blessing or something or perhaps after he beats this dragon from the trailer. Who knows, it's the Elder Scrolls; Skyrim is bound to be full of surprises, and I'm personally happy to see Beth lead the way again. Edited by Keanumoreira

Although it is kind of confusing, since the last of the Dragonborn died in Oblivion. I quote from Oblivion concercning what Baurus said about Martin "He truly was the Dragonborn... the last, and perhaps the greatest of all the Septims."

What? Martin dies?? :blink: (j/k)

I agree with you and AlienSlof - watching the trailer gave me a sense that the player is the Dragonborn; I can't imagine how he or she could possibly be another Septim. My second thought is perhaps there's a way for the player to bring Martin back from existence as a statue ... is it too much to hope he's not really dead? Hmm, no, that's stretching it. Most likely it's the player.

im thinking martin slept around a bit before becoming a priest ;)

It makes sense. Remember his quote on the Sanguine Rose? He claims he was once a follower of Sanguine's. And knowing that Sanguine is the prince of debauchery and revelry...

What? Martin dies?? :blink: (j/k)

I agree with you and AlienSlof - watching the trailer gave me a sense that the player is the Dragonborn; I can't imagine how he or she could possibly be another Septim. My second thought is perhaps there's a way for the player to bring Martin back from existence as a statue ... is it too much to hope he's not really dead? Hmm, no, that's stretching it. Most likely it's the player.

You know, you were kiding, but that was a real spoiler for me :D Yay... Oblivion is my favorite game, but I have yet to complete it... much to the fault of mods.

And regarding the Dragonborn, as it was already stated, obviously he is the player, and the only possibility I see is that we are Martin's son, if you tell me he's dead o_O

What I meant is if you had some thoughts or opinions that could EXPLAIN a new dragonborn ;)

Basically since in Oblivion it was mentioned that it was the last one...

Possibly, yes, it's the player that's the dragonborn, but how would that be explained? That's what I'm getting at ^^

It makes sense. Remember his quote on the Sanguine Rose? He claims he was once a follower of Sanguine's. And knowing that Sanguine is the prince of debauchery and revelry...

Very good point. After his speech at Cloud Ruler Temple, Martin also made that cryptic remark about how he wasn't always a priest, and knew something about the seductive power of Daedric magic, but wouldn't go into further detail. Perhaps, as has been suggested here, he fathered a child, but didn't know it. I wouldn't say "son", as it could be either a son or daughter, depending on which gender the player chooses at creation.