FALLOUT 4 LOCATION POLL

olafreinhardweyer

New York would be nice.

Moscow would be cool. But then it would maybe be too much like Metro 2033 (great book btw!).

Berlin and some post apocalyptic fourth reich thing with nazi super mutants thinking they're the master race? Or crazy humans having ghoul/mutant concentration camps...

I'm currently playing F3 for the first time... But it seems it has the curse of the first two (New Vegas didn't have this so much) in that you sort of have to wear power armor and s*** like that to complete it.

I prefer it a bit lo-fi. Ammunition should be way more uncommon and expensive. And you should be able to complete the game in a dirty prewar suit and a .32 gun! ;-)

Also they should make cars available!

I completely agree. London would be an excellent place.

Being born and lived there myself, i know many of the landmarks and can see a lot of potential for a game there. I think we need a variety and a fresh part of the world, and places like Japan/China etc (as cool as they may be) wouldn't be a good place to start.

I like the the last bit too, although i think that in some ways the sense of realism is supposed to be lifted from Fallout (mini nukes, gatling lasers etc). I may be wrong as i'm not entirely sure on the lore of Fallout, but i think it is set in an alternate reality, right? That's why you still have 1950's inspired laser guns over 200 years on.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I would like to see a FO4 with travel between continents, thus adding your own favorite place

as you follow a world around main quest.

Travel could be by either boat or plane, and later on your very own space ship (perhaps some aerial battle...)

It should be easy enough to write it into the form story line as communist are a part of the FO history, and

world spread in the 1950s.

Perhaps a moon base...would love a FO4 with 300 hours main story line :)

Cheers,

BMD

• 3 months later...
all right thats it ive seen all these new york chicago and russia china comments come on people we need to go to north, south daota maybe a little in canada to but come on picture destroyed mountains small town about 1 or 2 cities for scavenging and flat lands to plus you cant forget mt. rushmore and have like a small enclave or BoS base in the presidents heads and in the mountain how cool would that be!

I haven't been playing FO3 really since the 3rd F:NV dlc came out and I must say that I miss the Capitol. Just thinking about hearing Three Dog screaming in my ears makes me wanna turn on the game again, even if I have already heard everything he has to say (barring possible unused lines in the script). And Moira, gosh I love that batshit crazy woman!

The point is I am tired of Skyrim and Nevada and all other games, I want back to Capitol Wasteland.

Does anyone think that theres room in the story to make another event in it, like the Legion got there somehow. Or the Enclave returned. I want to walk that ground again but I also want a new story T_T

Maybe I will download a new mod and try it out or something, but who should I kill? Where should I walk? I know lets do a quest!!! Oh wait never mind, been there done that....

I'd say either New York City, Tokyo, or London.

New York would be iconic enough, and it could have some underlying plot points to once again show how a nation like the United States of America could have fallen (time square in ruins, empire state building half fallen over... big landmarks/symbols of American might/industry/economics in disrepair/total destruction).

Tokyo would be interesting just to see how the city would have fallen apart; Earthquakes, floods, tsunamis... 200 + years on that city without any maintenance would be an interesting ruin to navigate through.

London would be interesting for many similar reasons; Britain's rainy climate along with floods and lack of maintenance would certainly take a toll on the city, let alone nuclear war.

In short, those would be my first choices for the next Fallout setting.

I saw a mod request for the Erie Stretch for Fallout 3. Maybe Bethesda can do something with that. But I would like for Obsidian to NOT have a hand in making this game because they skimp on graphics and add more statistical details. At the rate they're going, you'll have all kinds of great stats and things, but all the animation will be reduced to stick figures from the old Atari games and how much fun will that be then?

• 2 weeks later...

No matter where the next fallout is, I have no doubt that it will be good. (How can it not be? it's bethesda.)

On that note, I'm hoping it will be like fallout 3, in it's mixup of countryside and urban areas.

New York would be one helluva location for intense urban firefighting. Anyone who says that New York would be completely destroyed probably hasn't considered the fact that D.C would probably be the number 1 target of the chinese, because of it being a political and monumental center, and yet there's still standing structures, and radiation levels aren't as insanely high everywhere as they are at the entrance of the vault where you meet Fawkes. And besides, think about it. A bearded, rubble-covered man in a grimy hoody, ripped jeans and a backpack barely grasping a combat shotgun as he desperately flees from a mob of ghouls in the Manhattan sewers. Exchanging plasma fire with enclave troopers on the rooftop of the empire state building, or perhaps a firefight between snipers from building to building. The real trouble with New York would be fitting countryside into it. Plenty of ghoul, mutant and human enemies would be available to sink a .308 into, but wildlife would be almost nonexistent. (And if you fell off a roof, a cutscene or animation of your character flailing their arms helplessly as they plummeted towards their doom would be cool, so long as it didn't strike up bad memories of 9/11.)

While I've never been a fan of swamps, a swamp in Louisiana, probably near New Orleans, would make an unusual backdrop, with some areas of a swamp scorched dry by nukes and just beginning to recover. Humans usually remain within the confines of villages and settlements, and the ruins of New Orleans, and with good reason. With much of the plant life gone, most of the animals are carnivorous, vicious, and clever. Crocodiles, who have weathered conditions just as bad as this in years past, have adapted well. Muddy camouflage makes them extremely difficult to detect. They would possess the ability to ambush the player and drag them under the water, attempting to drown them while the player furiously tries to escape, all the while taking massive damage. With such beasts able to be encountered nearly anywhere, including sewers and salt-water crocs in the ocean, and the lack of being able to fire a weapon underwater forces players to exercise a more wary approach as opposed to a trigger-happy one like in New Vegas or Fallout 3. Weapons and armor will decay right off your back in moist conditions, and massive hurricanes will demolish and batter the coastline every few weeks, leaving a weathered, crumbling, mossy look to the buildings. The humans who survive the wastes and swamps by sticking together in cities are very slow to trust strangers, and usually shoot them outright. Swamp people will exist, of course. The humans who don't live in cities and instead roam the swamps are trigger-happy, paranoid, and often deranged. And to top it all off, you get DEATHCLAW FISH! how fun would that be?

I may or may not post ideas and probabilities later. Fun topic to discuss!

• 4 months later...
I think that it should be based in Colorado. It has a rich history with different levels of terrain and weather! You have the mountains, plains, forests, the metropolis city, highways to travel quickly, but dangerous. The weather would differ all the time, and in the plains, we have cold days, and then all of a sudden it gets blazing hot! The cool part is that we are a medium sized state, so not big like Texas and small like Rhode Island. This makes the user have fun exploring a big, but not to big of an area. We also have national parks located in different places, which would make a fantastic DLC to see what happens to Yellowstone national park. With all the nukes dropping and putting pressure on the Earth, who knows, maybe Yellowstone blew up before the Great War! I am not just saying that this would be a great state to have it in because I live here, it is because it has such a rich environment. The enviroment is what added to the effect of Fallout 3 when your in a DC hell hole, all grayish sky and buildings that some raider might come out of nowhere!