I Will Be Going To Bethesda Studios To Meet The Developers

stealtrecon

i realy dont think i went over the top there. they have almost an entire year left... what i ask is simple for a large development team

FINE (angry face)

could you ask them to do overlays on characters (they will know what i mean if you dont)? i know they will do beards but an overlay system for bodies might help them diversify people. with this bethseda could...

-give facial features like light beards to characters, add freckles,spots,dimples,lines, scars,darkening,weather effects like rain and so on to characters

- add spots on the face could be a VISUAL sign of disease)

-add tattoos (especialy since the nords,khajit and dumner and wood elfs did that) (and dremora NEED the awesome glowing tattoos) this will help personify characters.

-add different fur patterns to khajits

-add bodily hair

-add injuries like missing skin, burnt flesh, gashes, arrow holes

- allow the environment to alter looks, like wetness, snow, dirt, ash, mud, blood

this means that bethseda/modders dont have to make a new race every time they want a character to look different (it would also look awesome/ help with immersion)

could you ask them to maintain the morrowind lore, i want glass swords back to being light! and i want skirts to not change into trousers when a man equips them! and i want other animals to have an armour system (a horse with a daedric helmet, a dwemer back armour thing, and enchanted iron shoes?. it might not be neccesary for horses but it would be cool for skeletons/ akaviri guys if most of our theories are correct

actually- why dont you ask them to look at this thread?

Edited by jack254

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chances are they're way too far into the development cycle for anything major at this point.

However, since you're asking them:

Better lighting - no more BS going through the walls and lighting up stuff the walls should have blocked.

Proper shadows on everything, not just on creatures.

Open Cities. If Morrowind could do it, Oblivion should have done it, and Skyrim owes it to us to do it :)

More smaller villages. No need to get ridiculous crazy about it, but the game maps I see always have loads of them, and we never get to see those.

Better DLCs. Knights of the Nine was the only one worth a crap. The rest were barely worth even calling DLC. They got this far more right with Fallout 3.

More than one XPack would be nice too - Shivering Isles was awesome, I kept hoping we'd see at least one more that size.

The first two are probably already beyond reasonable to hope for, but the rest is still within the realm of possibility.

edit: elath- you were doing so well except for the part where you wanted a country bigger than the continent it resides in.

Post 2: actually- why dont you ask them to look at this thread?

Oops, :P . Got my facts mixed up....

post 2 i totally agree with...

oh, and +1 on mounted combat...

Also:

- Get rid of the horrible zoom interface when you are talking to someone.

- IF (hopefully not) the game crashes a lot, being able to set an autosave-auto timer, so you don't lose your valuable play.

- Make the landscape change to seasons; say if it were winter, lots more snow, less sun, and trees lose their leaves (in the months leading up to winter) bitter winds that can take HP if you are too unexposed to the weather.

If it's summer make some of the snow melt, and make a possibility of slipping on the snow-melt and hurting yourself.

- I'm sure it's already here but, no fast travel. You must pay for transport like in Morrowind.

- Varied voice actors (very unlikely due to so late in dev :verymad: )

Edited by Eltath

Alright Jack, I see what you mean. I'm just going to add small things to my list from now on though, things that really catch my eye. I will ask them to look at my thread as well though so that they can see what their fans want.

The one big question i would be asking and Wanting, is it going to be mod able, If its not make it a request. :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure all of TES series have been mod-able (correct me if i'm wrong) and this has been a very strong marketing point for bethesda, I don't think they will change this.

Yeah, just in case though I will ask that they make it a point to off support for the modding community here at TES Nexus. Whether the owner of the site here wants to accept whatever they offer is up to them.

And about co-op, I'm sorry but thats a big frowny face from me. I see the elder scrolls as a single player only game and thats why I believe the series is good. Once again sorry, but no.

Edited by stealtrecon

ITS NOT THAT LATE IN DEVELOPMENT!!!!! :wallbash:

bethseda are a HUGE team of coders, modelers, animators and construction kitos! (Not so much animatiors, but most requests are for CODERS and kitos) STOP THINKING THEY ARE USELESS

anything that doesnt involve MASSIVE overhauls in the engine is possible! reasonable modifications (such as the weather system you proposed (i thought of it earlier in another thread :) , changes in combat, ai, the way charecters are, the dialouge and so on are changeable)

dialogue is EASY to make for a large team. it must take less than 10 SECONDS to make a line, if you know how many seconds there are in a day, it is easy to see that a new character could be made within a day or two (accounting for failures and the fact that nobody will work 24 hours straight)

modeling is harder, but you dont have to REDO anything, it would be easy to add a new model

the construction kit is fairly easy. while it is hard for one person to remake a country and populate it, a team is like " THATS EASY, IS THAT ALL THEY WANT US TO DO?" especially since these guys are doing working hours. chances are they could completely redo all leveled lists/items to make the game more like morowind in less than a week. hell- they probably havent started making items and npcs yet. they are probably waiting for some coders to do stuff

coders are what we want, i garantee that anything to do with gameplay that you want can be made by these guys. ANYTHING. ( i said gameplay, they COULD add a few features to rendering or something like that, but that has limmits)

this is to everyone by the way. stop being so pessimistic

thats a nice list, could you suggest they make the combat awesome by making the hand to hand skill usefull and have skills interlock with each other (flaming fists, kicking with a sword in hand,snapping necks etc ? or perhaps ask for more than two voices per race. or maybe some values that alter voices slightly in pitch, contrast, speed or something? that would help everyones voices seem different with minimal effort

Edited by jack254