I Will Be Going To Bethesda Studios To Meet The Developers

stealtrecon

Here's something you should tell the devs: make the compass optional.Your health, magicka, and stamina bars aren't supposed to display on the screen when you're not using either of them so if we could toggle the compass off then we could have a really clean HUD.

You haven't been keeping up on current events. Take a look at this article which covers how the user interface will work.

You would do well to check out the Skyrim Information page which collates most of the information released into a single document...all sources are included.

LHammonds

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I'm sure they don't want everything being destructible anyways. There is no point in being able to destroy the entire game world. Though it would be cool if vases and the like were knocked over and fell to the ground they would shatter. Same goes if you shot a glass window with an arrow it would damage it in a way. I myself would like some destruction, but not much.

Here's something you should tell the devs: make the compass optional.Your health, magicka, and stamina bars aren't supposed to display on the screen when you're not using either of them so if we could toggle the compass off then we could have a really clean HUD.

You haven't been keeping up on current events. Take a look at this article which covers how the user interface will work.

You would do well to check out the Skyrim Information page which collates most of the information released into a single document...all sources are included.

LHammonds

I've read that article on GameInformer several times, all it talks about is the menu system, not the HUD and whether or not I can just turn the compass off.Zaldiir's information thread and it's sources only state that the HUD comes and goes when needed and also that there is an HUD-free first-person view, neither of which is specific enough to tell me whether or not I can turn the compass off.There are specific advantages to being able to turn the compass off.For one thing, it would remove the quest markers which irritate many hardcore gamers/Morrowind fans.The other advantage is that it makes the HUD much cleaner.I'm willing to bet that the "HUD-free" mode works similar to what happens when you turn the HUD opacity all the way down on Fallout 3, your health bar and whatnot disappears, text that usually appears on the screen doesn't appear, like quest rewards and such.This isn't the same as just turning the compass off, but until I see the HUD-free mode I won't be able to tell how it works.But I would be surprised if all it did was turn the compass off without affecting your health, magicka, and stamina bars or other text that appears on the screen.

Edited by Corakus

Well lets just hope for the best eh? I'll be sure to ask them.

Thank you.It might not sound like a big deal to some, but things like this are important to me, I'm very picky about the little things.

I'm the same. I like a little challenge in the game, oblivion was just too easy because you really knew exactly where to go. There was very little guesswork in oblivion.

that would be nice, the ability to knock rather than sneak or barge in.

By the way guys, I'm pretty sure I have a date for when I will be going confirmed. Its likely I will be going during the week of the 4th of july. They are finalizing everything and preparing to get hotels and the flights ready.

Edited by stealtrecon

• 2 weeks later...