Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in my cynical view it seems to me that the games company want to have the benefit of taking great ideas from modders and incorporate those ideas into their own games and have the gaming community pay for the mods as well and at the same time the games company can make even more money from gamers that have already paid for the games.

Hopefully the games company will come clean and admit that DLC's are nothing more than mods that one already pays for lol.

This will change the way modding is received and the expectation for service delivery. Now that modders will be entering into financial agreements I fear they will also live with the same expectations players have with Game companies and will be expected to fix issues and support mods in a more customer centric way. I am pleased to see that my favorite site for mods is above this type of money grab (only 25% to the creator). It will most likely change the way fans of modding will look at choosing mods on Steam and may affect sales of titles that have remained popular because of the available mods.

I have also made the decision to become a paying customer of this site because of the integrity of the team running things here.

In response to post #24592779. #24592899, #24593074, #24593094, #24593509, #24593979, #24594029, #24594224, #24594404, #24594644, #24594899, #24594984 are all replies on the same post.

SvarogNL wrote:
insaneplumber wrote: Thanks.
AronaxAE wrote: Will come in extremely handy, thank you c:
WightMage wrote: Brilliant mate!
EnaiSiaion wrote: Looks like the London Underground logo.

"Mind the crap"
Charismoon wrote: Using your banner on my mods - thanks!
Magnalenian wrote: thanks!
AwesomeNino wrote: Im putting this on the dragonskin mod for fnv
SjoertJansen wrote: Thanks. Added to my mod page.
IgnacyOrder wrote: How to use it?
SjoertJansen wrote: Right click imge, click "Copy Image Location"

When editing your modpage, change to BBCode. Or when simply writing a post, type the following:

[ img ] the image location [ / img ] Without the spaces!! You can center it using:

[ center ] blablabla [ / center ]

You can even add an url like this one: https://www.change.org/p/valve-remove-the-paid-content-of-the-steam-workshop Best way to understand is to look up a nice BBCode tutorial.

Example:
[ center ] [ url = https://www.change.org/p/valve-remove-the-paid-content-of-the-steam-workshop ] [ img ] http://i.imgur.com/HxnL2uP.png [ / img ] [ / url ] [ / center ]
AGAIN, remove all spaces!

SjoertJansen wrote: That will look like this:

Used on my mods ^^ Mentioned your name near each banner posted ^^ Thanks again for making this Edited by IgnacyOrder

In response to post #24595504. #24595544, #24595689, #24595884 are all replies on the same post.

insaneplumber wrote:
Arendella wrote: Are you kidding me....
freedom613 wrote: I want to say it is a joke, but Cities: Skyline made a joke at the beginning of the month about Unofficial DLC and yesterday it came true...
Salzber wrote: Well f*#@...piratebay hello I'm back.

@Salz I wouldn't talk on Nexus about digital piracy...

In response to post #24595504. #24595544, #24595689, #24595884, #24596144 are all replies on the same post.

insaneplumber wrote:
Arendella wrote: Are you kidding me....
freedom613 wrote: I want to say it is a joke, but Cities: Skyline made a joke at the beginning of the month about Unofficial DLC and yesterday it came true...
Salzber wrote: Well f*#@...piratebay hello I'm back.
freedom613 wrote: @Salz I wouldn't talk on Nexus about digital piracy...

Wat....