Valve/Bethesda announce paid modding for Skyrim, more games to follow

Dark0ne

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #24586459. #24586589, #24587144, #24587234, #24598609, #24599064, #24599679 are all replies on the same post.

OH72 wrote:
boulegue wrote: in the EU you have the freedom to do your own contracts... accepting the terms steam has written by buying stuff is accepting them period... youre as well protected as you choose to no more no less
fipse wrote: Steams Terms of Use are not overwriting EU or national law.
boulegue wrote: the national law for example in germany is that youre free to make your own contracts the terms dont overwrite the laws they work together the laws give you a framework to work in
toggsuk wrote: You don't understand boulegue. In the EU no contract or agreement is above actual law, It doesn't matter what you agree to in a contract, rights granted by law trumps all. The onus is on Steam to comply with those laws if they want to do business in the EU.
thestoryteller01 wrote: Actually consumer protection law in the EU has the highest standard worldwide. You can sign a contract and if the terms you signed are colliding with EU or national law (whichever offers better protection) you are free to step back and are entitled to full payback.
Danyael wrote: don't worry about european consumer rights, the EU is about to blow them to pieces with that TTIP crap.

""Steams Terms of Use are not overwriting EU or national law. ""

--> Yes they are. Europeans associations have already tried several actions against Valve and all have failed.

In response to post #24600134. #24600279, #24600504 are all replies on the same post.

NoDebate wrote:
Salzber wrote: Yup The whole site is down for me.
freedom613 wrote: Maybe Valve shut it down due to the bad press? If so: Drinks are on me!

I will hold you to that. Meet me in Seattle? We can go down to Bellevue after and clear up this mess. :) Edited by NoDebate

In response to post #24598859.

Rovole wrote:

I totally agree with you. Yet we will remember Skyrim as the game who killed modding.

You know ... many people bought Skyrim on PC just to download lots of mods. Do we want a group of paying users with "deluxe mods" and a group of poor people with buggy, low quality mods ?
Many game editors have fought to get rid of modding, by releasing games with no modding compatibility. EA is a prime example. But the ones who will definitely kill modding and The main advantage of PC gaming will be Valve, that company which is praised all over the internet.

In response to post #24594599. #24595064, #24597874, #24598129, #24598509, #24600934 are all replies on the same post.

Ehwhat2008 wrote:
SkeletonShen wrote: I agree.
Calu93 wrote: Me too
Quloide wrote: Aye
Alienfriend wrote: I agree too
onkenoke wrote: and my axe!

oh wait wrong speech sorry

Agree.

Nexus is proving that they have the ethics of modding in their heart and that they have immense respect for the authors. They deserve that bit of money.

In response to post #24600134. #24600279, #24600504, #24600574 are all replies on the same post.

NoDebate wrote:
Salzber wrote: Yup The whole site is down for me.
freedom613 wrote: Maybe Valve shut it down due to the bad press? If so: Drinks are on me!
NoDebate wrote: I will hold you to that. Meet me in Seattle? We can go down to Bellevue after and clear up this mess. :)

I smell a DDOS attack. Or something like that.