Aliens

MadMike710

The universe is massive. As in, so much that we simply cannot get our squishy little minds wrapped around just how big it is. There has to be some other life out there... someplace.

I'd really love to meet someone from another planet. That would so... wonderful.

I am reluctant to believe all these hundreds of stories about people supposedly encountering aliens. But I do believe there must be some out there somewhere.

Edited by Lehcar

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they are real for as a little girl many years ago I woke up in the middle of the night suddenly and something compellled me to look out the window, and I saw a UFO hovering over my nearby friend's house. She saw it as well. I woke my mother's boyfriend at the time daughter who was much older than me, and she saw it as well.

They exist, and they are out there. Perhaps they are smart enough to know that if they did reveal themselves, humanity would rob them of their technology and disect them to find out what makes them tick inside, and mostly maybe they would know that our inborn greed will eventually destroy us and them as well.

After all, we are killing our planet and our future for profits, and our food supply will dwindle because of global warming. Animals that are needed to keep the land healthy are being hunted to extinction. The rainforests that give us air to breathe are being cut down and we wonder why we feel tired, the levels of oxygen have decreased to what there used to be so we feel the effects but are too stupid to quit destroying the remaining rainforests. Space exploration today is for finding a new planet to inhabit and to destroy because this ones stuffed and the govts know it.

This explained, it should be no wonder or surprise to us that the aliens do not make themselves known to us...

If aliens can travel inter-galactic distances, humans robbing them isn't even a issue.

• 3 weeks later...

think of it this way:

what if our governments lie to us about all these clues about the existence of aliens, like those circular patterns in the wheat farms, etc etc, just to be able to do whatever they want, like blowing an anti matter test bomb below seas, then blame it on aliens?

they MIGHT be real, but they might as well be fictional scapegoats.

I see no reason not to believe in aliens. In fact I guess we call them "aliens" simply because they are alien to our cultures and universe. I think that it was JimUK who said in a Universe as huge as this one, why assume that we are the only life forms? Doesn't make any sense at all.

I believe we may have been visited by other life forms, but I'm not really sure. I've never seen one personally. I think the Great Pyramids were built by a well organized human labor force. I believe GinnyFizz made a good point for that one. I agree with her on that (hard to believe I know, Ginny) lol.

Whether or not we will ever connect with these other life forms will depend on the evolution of our scientific minds and equipment. I'm fairly certain that we have the capabilities. It seems to me that it is just a matter of time and inclination.

We know very little about the vastness of reality that I wonder if we have even gotten it right about the universe. In other words what if 'aliens' are a lot closer than we assume they are because the universe is not what we assume it is. The reason I say this is that we are stuck here on this one world and the amount and variety of data that we gain from the 'universe' can only be considered relatively very tiny. We are in a small corner peeking out at a vast chamber and yet there are many who say we know what that great big chamber looks like despite that the far walls are so far away we can hardly see them and that the room is cluttered with objects and other items to block our vision.

Map makers in Europe made maps of the world that turned out to be totally false, being based on a flat earth at first and later on upon various assumed scientific formulas such as the assumption that the 'great southern continent' must exist to balance against Eurasia in the north. Are we doing the same thing with our theories of the big bang and our assumption of galaxies, of solar systems?

If so, again, what would that mean for the idea of aliens existing?

We know very little about the vastness of reality that I wonder if we have even gotten it right about the universe. In other words what if 'aliens' are a lot closer than we assume they are because the universe is not what we assume it is. The reason I say this is that we are stuck here on this one world and the amount and variety of data that we gain from the 'universe' can only be considered relatively very tiny. We are in a small corner peeking out at a vast chamber and yet there are many who say we know what that great big chamber looks like despite that the far walls are so far away we can hardly see them and that the room is cluttered with objects and other items to block our vision.

Map makers in Europe made maps of the world that turned out to be totally false, being based on a flat earth at first and later on upon various assumed scientific formulas such as the assumption that the 'great southern continent' must exist to balance against Eurasia in the north. Are we doing the same thing with our theories of the big bang and our assumption of galaxies, of solar systems?

If so, again, what would that mean for the idea of aliens existing?

The reason people thought the earth was flat is much more then that.

1. The church believed that it was due to religious reasons.

2. Very little of the world was explored, and it was assumed that the world would have to be flat to stay on it. People did not know about gravity, so it would not make sense to be staying on a giant ball.

3. Almost all old science was based more on religion then facts and reasoning, which corrupted their ideas of reality.

That being said, now days we can look at the full picture and not make wild assumptions. I do think aliens exist, and I also think there are more universes, and I think time splits into multiple lines. I could go into why I believe the other two, but that's for later. The chances are very high for other life forms if you do the math for the universes size and similar systems. You also have to be aware that humans didn't start that long ago, there is a high chance there is a more advanced civilization that met the conditions to make advanced life much earlier.

2. Very little of the world was explored, and it was assumed that the world would have to be flat to stay on it. People did not know about gravity, so it would not make sense to be staying on a giant ball.

3. Almost all old science was based more on religion then facts and reasoning, which corrupted their ideas of reality.

That being said, now days we can look at the full picture and not make wild assumptions. I do think aliens exist, and I also think there are more universes, and I think time splits into multiple lines. I could go into why I believe the other two, but that's for later. The chances are very high for other life forms if you do the math for the universes size and similar systems. You also have to be aware that humans didn't start that long ago, there is a high chance there is a more advanced civilization that met the conditions to make advanced life much earlier.

Marharth, I well know the top three reasons as I studied the history of science, including the involvement of religion, at university. It was not just the church who had the belief for the whole medieval world was based on such ideas. As for the second reason, the Ancient Greeks worked out that the world was round through mathamatics and observation (the nature of the horizon). There were other reasons for the 'corruption of their ideas of reality' such as the philosphies of the times.

As for not making 'wild assumptions', I wish that I had your faith in humanity because though science itself might said to be objective, scientists as humans are too often not so objective. There are constant fights for funding between different schools of thought. Not everybody gets free access to publish in more influential journals. Etc. It has been some scientists who have been most critical of the actions of other scientists in this way.

I was not out to attack science but simply to suggest that perhaps we are missing alien activity simply because we are misreading it for something else or do not know what to seek. I made my post simply to put forward some ideas and to suggest some new approaches to the question of the existence of aliens.

Edited by Maharg67

Marharth, I well know the top three reasons as I studied the history of science, including the involvement of religion, at university. It was not just the church who had the belief for the whole medieval world was based on such ideas. As for the second reason, the Ancient Greeks worked out that the world was round through mathamatics and observation (the nature of the horizon). There were other reasons for the 'corruption of their ideas of reality' such as the philosphies of the times.

As for not making 'wild assumptions', I wish that I had your faith in humanity because though science itself might said to be objective, scientists as humans are too often not so objective. There are constant fights for funding between different schools of thought. Not everybody gets free access to publish in more influential journals. Etc. It has been some scientists who have been most critical of the actions of other scientists in this way.

I was not out to attack science but simply to suggest that perhaps we are missing alien activity simply because we are misreading it for something else or do not know what to seek. I made my post simply to put forward some ideas and to suggest some new approaches to the question of the existence of aliens.

I also agree that we are misreading it...

I think a lot of things in main stream science are wrong, but I don't want to go into that in this topic.

I have a large theory on everything, but It would take forever to post, and it would kind of make this go off topic.

I mentioned the church since they has a massive amount of power.

Anyways this is about aliens, if I keep going ill end up turning it into a debate on politics and social issues.

Back to aliens!

If aliens have visited us, they may simply have studied the world as one of many and passed on.

Even if they had left signs of their being here, nature tends to leave little proof of past events as it breaks down most evidence.

Aliens might not have come in spaceships (flying saucers etc.) but by other means.

Given the relatively short time that 'modern' humans have been in existence, the aliens could well have missed us.

The reason for this post has been mainly to get things back to the topic.

There's no need for proof of visits to prove that they visited...does that make sense?! For example, only recently (2005) did someone discover the first ever chimpanzee fossil. think about that and then think of a few spaceships coming here with their tech and "leaving their mark".

Then there's this interesting tale of an Army lieutenant colonel who by his own admission took part in the post-Roswell, back-engineering alien technology for decades. His name is Philip J. Corso and his book, The Day After Roswell, is one great ride. http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/yes.gif Scared my mom so much (a lifelong military man has a certain reputation and weight when he writes of things in his memoirs) that she put the thing down and couldn't finish it.