Aliens

MadMike710

I try not to believe anything. But the information currently available (and there is QUITE a lot) on the subject definitely points to alien life existing now and in the past.

Just look up The Disclosure Project

Nuff' said, really.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I try not to believe anything. But the information currently available (and there is QUITE a lot) on the subject definitely points to alien life existing now and in the past.

Just look up The Disclosure Project

Nuff' said, really.

I actually saw a entire video, have it on my PSP.

It's hard to say for sure whats real and whats not in the conference.

So, like, there is not a whole industry of people who prey on the credulous?

There are so many people in the world and so many agendas, it is difficult to believe that there is no 'real physical evidence' of bugeyed/grey/nordic/men in black/whatever the popular stereotype of an E.T. might be at the moment.

A tip to you all; try reading some of the sceptical pods which are as easily obtainable as the conspiracy type and far more logical.

I believe in alien life but I doubt I'll find it in Tesco unless you count chavs and Jerermy Kyle types!

There are so many people in the world and so many agendas, it is difficult to believe that there is no 'real physical evidence' of bugeyed/grey/nordic/men in black/whatever the popular stereotype of an E.T. might be at the moment.

A tip to you all; try reading some of the sceptical pods which are as easily obtainable as the conspiracy type and far more logical.

I believe in alien life but I doubt I'll find it in Tesco unless you count chavs and Jerermy Kyle types!

"it is difficult to believe that there is no 'real physical evidence' of bugeyed/grey/nordic/men in black"

Bit confused, was that a typo or am I missing something?

"it is difficult to believe that there is no 'real physical evidence' of bugeyed/grey/nordic/men in black"

Bit confused, was that a typo or am I missing something?

I have not even bothered to mention other such manifestations of the iconography of 'extraterrestrials' such as the late 19th century interpretation of 'Chinese' type aliens. Forgive me for being lazy when running together what are the manifestations of the same fantasies.

Just as each age produces it's own version of courageous anti establishmentism - within a cosy framework (Europe, U.S. and Australasia etc) so each decade if not era produces it's own interpretation of 'phenomena' be they extraterrestrials or supernatural ghosties.

I am a firm believer in believing only what I can see, hear, and touch by myself -- TV theories and Internet speculations won't sway me.

I am not bothered about UFO sightings, alien abduction tales, crop circles, paranormal activity, Bermuda Triangle and geo-magnetic anomalies... since most of it is either hoax, or secret government projects, or just some natural phenomenon we haven't understood yet -- did humans properly understand electricity 500 hundred years ago? Most of them used to think thunderstorms were a curse of the Gods and lightning strikes were God's punishment to the earth!

The idea that the universe might contain intelligent civilizations other than our own, is an fascinating and curious idea. It sparked a famous 19th-century newspaper hoax in which astronomers were said to have found a society of “man-bats” on the moon. It motivated Percival Lowell’s writings about canals on Mars at the turn of the last century, and it inspired Orson Welles’s infamous “War of the Worlds” radio broadcast in 1938, which sent hundreds of thousands of listeners into a panic over a fictional Martian invasion they thought was real!

But if all the alien claptrap is true, why is the ambitious SETI (the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project, such a big failure? This year (2011) marks the 50th anniversary of the first modern SETI search. It was in April 1960 that astronomer Frank Drake pointed a radio telescope at the nearby star Tau Ceti and began listening for the telltale ping of an alien communication signal. Instead he just heard static noise, and in the half-century since, the silence has been complete (except for a few unexplained signal anomalies detected and recorded).

One of the longest-running projects in modern human history (where even you can participate by installing the SETI@Home software), has not turned up a single logical evidence of alien presence. The overriding problem with SETI searches is that even if aliens are out there, we have no clue how they might think, what they might choose to do, or how they might do it. SETI searchers, have been looking for only a limited class of signals from a very small number of stars. “Maybe we haven’t looked at enough stars or enough frequencies,” says a SETI researcher. “Maybe we’re not looking for the right technology because we haven’t invented it yet.”

I doubt that any aliens are trying to contact us specifically. The aliens probably don’t know we exist. They may know there’s some sort of biology here on this planet, but that’s been true for billions of years. Only in the last 100 of those years have we developed radio transmitters, so even if aliens knew of the existence of this planet (or even visited it earlier in the past), they may not know a species here has advanced to the space age.

And yeah, all those Egyptian pyramids, Nazca Lines and other architectural or pseudo-artificial wonders can be explained by reconstructing the ancient methods. In India (and other countries influenced by ancient India), huge temples with heavy tons of monolithic rocks were built thousands of years ago -- the huge rocks were split, by making grooves using stone chisels, which were filled with water and wooden wedges were driven into the wedges. After a period of time, the rocks automatically split into precise pieces which could be sculpted and carried easily. There is even documentation of how the huge rocks were moved and the architectural details were built.

Remember, the Chinese used tri-sail ships that could sail against the wind, hundreds of years before the Europeans even figured it out. Just because we cannot understand how some great feat was done, does not mean it is due to extraterrestrial influence. We must also remember, that many great civilizations have perished despite great technological achievements and knowledge, due to war, disease, natural disasters, etc., so it is possible some of the knowledge was lost forever. Even today, the best scientists cannot recreate some of the famous ancient Japanese Katana swords - the exact recipe and methodology for the metallurgy, alloys, heating temperature, craftmanship, etc was lost, and we cannot match those ancient weapons quality, despite now having the best technologies ever invented!

I just hope aliens never visit us. Because if they do, and they see how badly we are destroying this beautiful (and extremely, extremely, rare) planet, they will treat us as parasites and probably destroy us to save this unique planet. We have no other home except the Earth, let us at least save it and improve it, before the real aliens ever arrive upon us.

I am a firm believer in believing only what I can see, hear, and touch by myself -- TV theories and Internet speculations won't sway me.

I am not bothered about UFO sightings, alien abduction tales, crop circles, paranormal activity, Bermuda Triangle and geo-magnetic anomalies... since most of it is either hoax, or secret government projects, or just some natural phenomenon we haven't understood yet -- did humans properly understand electricity 500 hundred years ago? Most of them used to think thunderstorms were a curse of the Gods and lightning strikes were God's punishment to the earth!

The idea that the universe might contain intelligent civilizations other than our own, is an fascinating and curious idea. It sparked a famous 19th-century newspaper hoax in which astronomers were said to have found a society of “man-bats” on the moon. It motivated Percival Lowell’s writings about canals on Mars at the turn of the last century, and it inspired Orson Welles’s infamous “War of the Worlds” radio broadcast in 1938, which sent hundreds of thousands of listeners into a panic over a fictional Martian invasion they thought was real!

But if all the alien claptrap is true, why is the ambitious SETI (the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) project, such a big failure? This year (2011) marks the 50th anniversary of the first modern SETI search. It was in April 1960 that astronomer Frank Drake pointed a radio telescope at the nearby star Tau Ceti and began listening for the telltale ping of an alien communication signal. Instead he just heard static noise, and in the half-century since, the silence has been complete (except for a few unexplained signal anomalies detected and recorded).

One of the longest-running projects in modern human history (where even you can participate by installing the SETI@Home software), has not turned up a single logical evidence of alien presence. The overriding problem with SETI searches is that even if aliens are out there, we have no clue how they might think, what they might choose to do, or how they might do it. SETI searchers, have been looking for only a limited class of signals from a very small number of stars. “Maybe we haven’t looked at enough stars or enough frequencies,” says a SETI researcher. “Maybe we’re not looking for the right technology because we haven’t invented it yet.”

I doubt that any aliens are trying to contact us specifically. The aliens probably don’t know we exist. They may know there’s some sort of biology here on this planet, but that’s been true for billions of years. Only in the last 100 of those years have we developed radio transmitters, so even if aliens knew of the existence of this planet (or even visited it earlier in the past), they may not know a species here has advanced to the space age.

And yeah, all those Egyptian pyramids, Nazca Lines and other architectural or pseudo-artificial wonders can be explained by reconstructing the ancient methods. In India (and other countries influenced by ancient India), huge temples with heavy tons of monolithic rocks were built thousands of years ago -- the huge rocks were split, by making grooves using stone chisels, which were filled with water and wooden wedges were driven into the wedges. After a period of time, the rocks automatically split into precise pieces which could be sculpted and carried easily. There is even documentation of how the huge rocks were moved and the architectural details were built.

Remember, the Chinese used tri-sail ships that could sail against the wind, hundreds of years before the Europeans even figured it out. Just because we cannot understand how some great feat was done, does not mean it is due to extraterrestrial influence. We must also remember, that many great civilizations have perished despite great technological achievements and knowledge, due to war, disease, natural disasters, etc., so it is possible some of the knowledge was lost forever. Even today, the best scientists cannot recreate some of the famous ancient Japanese Katana swords - the exact recipe and methodology for the metallurgy, alloys, heating temperature, craftmanship, etc was lost, and we cannot match those ancient weapons quality, despite now having the best technologies ever invented!

I just hope aliens never visit us. Because if they do, and they see how badly we are destroying this beautiful (and extremely, extremely, rare) planet, they will treat us as parasites and probably destroy us to save this unique planet. We have no other home except the Earth, let us at least save it and improve it, before the real aliens ever arrive upon us.

I agree with most of what you said.

SETI is a massive failure. It is not only being done wrong, its being done in the wrong place, its being done with the wrong tools... Not to mention its a bad idea to send stupid crap into space hoping to get a response.

I disagree that aliens would try to wipe us ALL out. If a alien race can travel to our planet I am pretty sure they would understand some of the human race. I think it would be pointless for them to kill us all. I think the only thing a alien race would need to do is reform the worlds governments and teach a bit.

I can see many better solutions to the human race then wiping us all out.

Given the age of the universe, the vast distances to be crossed, and the sheer number of stars, I would be very surprised (and disappointed) to find out there's no one else out there.

For the same reasons I'd also be surprised to find out that someone is out there and they have visited us.

I think it would be impossible for there not to be other intelligent life out there. And considering the varying ages of parts of the universe, it would be reasonable that some form of intelligent life had a few billion year head start on us. In this amount of time, they should have been able to develop technological mastery of the universe, basically they would be godlike compared to us. And its possible some of our ancestors made contact with them, and saw them as such. Something we are not even close to doing. For a civilization that advanced, I doubt they could find much interest here on Earth, because I do think Earth like planets and intelligent life is fairly common, if you could travel the distances in a reasonable amount of time. If another civilization mastered wormholes, they would be able to disappear and reappear at any point in space or time whenever they feel like it. Edited by crimsonedge11