New Years Eve Count Down

Deleted54170User

Happy New Year! I'm still at work since 8:00 AM yesterday. 3 more hours to go then I'm off to a good 15 hours sleep. I've seen hundreds of faces today, old and new. It was great, but I'm glad it's almost over now, for the first time in my life actualy. Have a good year everyone, I hope to see all of you around when ES V is released!

Cheers,

Pushkatu!

My neighbour, Burt, celebrated new year's eve in the traditional Australian way.

By getting drunk and setting fire to things.

It ended badly.

Here in Australia it's traditional to put o massive fireworks displays for the masses on NYE, Sydney always completely fills the SHB and Sydney Harbour with boats laden with fireworks, so many are purchased that the show lasts for half an hour and detonates more than 50 tons of cordite. You can smell the smell of cordite for miles around, and the sky afterwoulds goes from clear midnight blue to completely filled with smoke.

In Victoria, the far sourthen province, we are always vigilant of fire danger.

A few years ago two hundred people died in deliberately lit wildfires, and the summer months are bone dry and scorching hot.

Thus during the summer months it's completely illegal to start any sort of fire. From an open barbeque pit to a bonfire or non government fireworks show, it's all illegal and for good reason.

Burt ignored that. Because Burt was a moron and thought he knew better than one of the most battle tested fire departments in the sourthern hemisphere. He started a barbeque fire, then got about twenty people entirely drunk and started them dancing and doing Limbos.

From then it was only a matter of time, and then at 10:56 PM the barbeque fell over, announced by " JESHUS CHRIST THE 'OUSE IS ON FIRE! " followed by several Fire Engines coming rushing to the scene, blasting his and my house with high pressure foam hoses, and shouting at Burt for some length of time.