Homes that you can consider "yours"

DuckThor21

This looks pretty cool actually. I have houses out the wazoo in towns, but my character recently went to the darkside (vampirism with a mod that causes people to mistreat vampires more often than not). I'm kind of wondering though if the fact that this shack is part of the rest of the world cell means you suffer sunlight damage when you're inside the upper floor.

The camp site on the snowy Jerall mountains where some official mod put a mage tower. I do not use that plug-in. I have fought my neighbors, the guards of an oblivion gate nearby, and closed the gate. I have set up a campsite on the mountaintop. I decorated the surrounding area and bridge with lights and welkynd stones (Imperial Furniture). I made the closed oblivion gate a shrine to Martin Septim, with a throne platform. Sometimes, a few tamriel travellers pass from my domain, mostly, the mage.

If you are speaking from a strictly vanilla standpoint, the White Stallion Lodge. A buddy of mine plays the Xbox version and uses that place frequently. The mission to access it is simple and you get to use it for the duration of the game. He says Mazoga never bother s his stuff and the containers do not respawn.

If you would like a suggestion for a really nice mod home, try Castle Seaview. It involves a simple 3 part quest to acquire but the place is awesome. I am presently dabbling with over a hundred mod homes and by far that is still my favorite. It is well laid out and not an over-the-top uber-palace. Right amount guards, merchants & special features. Custom armor, a horse and donkeys. I had one of my characters riding a donkey in the courtyard, I could not stop laughing. Definitely worth checking out!

Except for the official DLC's and buyable houses (I own them all ... but only live in Rosethorn Hall)

...Agarmir's house in the Imperial City can be a cool place ... after finishing "Unfriendly competition" .

Everything in the house is NOT flagged as stolen after he's dead .

Not 100% sure about containers , but after numerous game-days away , they still didn't respawn .

Lord Rugdumph of the fighters guild quest? How dare you kill him, he's awesome!

I love him too ;D

"I fear that whilst out rock-picking, she was apprehensive. Stolen away!My suspension is that ogres have abjected her!"

"Though I am replicant to spread rumors, I am led to believe the philogy of skeletous beings makes them resistive to magic."

"Precedeth most urgentlike."

"We is most pleased... eth... ified."

Edited by Remcoz

• 3 weeks later...

Well I considered long ago my own house the one in Anvil when i first played OBLIVION the 1 that u must sleep and then some ghost come and atack you.Another 1 is one outside Legawyn where are hiding some bandits u can clear that house from quest.And of course in wilderness,the camps u are finding kill the banditis and its mine.

BTW now im looking for a house in Skinrad.To buy from the Count(i dont think so) or to kill an insignificant human and take hes house.(because im a vampire i call them humans;LOL but what about other races well u know what im talking about :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )

Roland Jenseric's cabin just off the road to Cheydinhal is free for the taking after finishing the 'Order of the Virtuous Blood' quest. You'll need to use the CS if you want safe containers and the console and 'setownership' if you're not the thieving type but it's a nice spot off the beaten path.

On the subject of whether a container is safe for storage or not I like this trick. Take everything out of the container then put a few arrows in it. Come back a few days later, after you've left that cell and check to see if your arrows are still there. There are plenty of non-respawning containers around, outside fort and ruins and even in the middle of nowhere. Once I've found one I like I lean something useless against it so I'll remember for sure I've checked it. If I'm running short of feather potions and I've got a container nearby it saves leaving a pile of stuff hidden in the grass while I find a merchant.

Edited by Striker879

Francois Motierre's house in Chorrol is one of my favorites. After the DB quest you can use it without trespassing, and the layout is what the PC's house should have been imo.

I agree. I've been eyeing that one up myself. It'll make an nice annex for Arborwatch after I've done the Dark Brotherhood (I've got to stop making so many 'friends' in the CS). What's really nice to find is those unoccupied out of the way places. The Abandoned Shack is out of the way alright, but the bandits inside respawn. I'm not sure about the all the containers ... I'll need to check on that next time I'm in the area.

Ran across another one ... Weynon Lodge, the small cottage just east of the main Weynon Priory building where you deliver the amulet to Jauffre. Bed's free to use, not sure if the containers respawn yet.