File bug reporting system and image uploading updates

Dark0ne

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for this, I'm sure it will make everyone's lives a little easier. The comment section is cluttered enough as it is with requests, feedback, complaints and troubleshooting conversations with many different people all happening in the same space, bug reports can get lost in all that very fast. It'll be nice to have a separate and organised place for them. I only worry that some commenters will not use it (the kind that is also immune to search fields and allergic to reading mod descriptions), so I will constantly have to reply "please move this to the bug report section".

Also, I see a lot of comments requesting all sorts of bug report categories below, so maybe the easiest way to make everyone happy is to let authors specify their own categories when they feel none of the available ones will do, similar to how the file categories are handled at the moment.

In response to post #25058884. #25059634 is also a reply to the same post.

AlexanderJVelicky wrote: Awesome! Excited to see how this works.

I have a suggestion: Can you add an additional status: "Won't Fix" I foresee a lot of people reporting bugs that are out of the author's control and something they can't fix. Engine issues, etc.

Possible even add "Conflict Issue" as well for if you discover a reported bug is caused by a mod conflict?

Keep it up!

EDIT: Also if it doesn't also work this way, users should only be able to file a bug if they've downloaded one of the files on the page.
DuskDweller wrote: Yes, you can only open a bug report if you downloaded the file :)

Brilliant! :)

As helpful as this will be I am wondering if there are plans to have certain designated members have the ability to upload the fixes themselves. For example, a mod Ambassador. An author could have a mod with deleted NavMeshes or deleted references and doesn't know that any mod loaded after the mod that tries to access one of the deleted NavMeshes or deleted references will cause Skyrim to Crash. A mod Ambassador could resolve the issues and upload a new file on behalf of the author.

Granted that could be an op-in type of feature as well however, I recommend against it. The intent is not to disparage the authors work or to change the creative intent of the mod. It is only intended to resolve critical issues and to help the modding community have a more stable game experience. This would also allow some mods to be fixed when the author no longer maintains the mod. Permissions wouldn't be an issue because the same mod that the author wrote is simply fixed and uploaded to the same authors page.

Great addition. Nexus feels much more complete with this. Now that I think about it though, I'm surprised we didn't have it for so long.

No matter, new feature. I'm happy. :D