I hate Marriage in Skryim...taking suggestions

Galadreal

So...I am working on a NPC overhaul, and I am seriously considering making a few other adjustments. For example...Not everyone in Skyrim is Bisexual. I don't have a problem with anyone who is, but for me it kind of kills the whole feel of getting any kind of romance going on. Oh you are the dragonborn...sure I will shag you. It has nothing to do with emotion or personal preference, it is just because you are so AWESOME! No...it does not work that way.

So, I might expand the marriage options, add in a few new people. All the housecarls will still swing both ways (They are willing to do ANYTHING to make their thane happy, so sure they would be glad to marry you). But Farkas does not seem like the kind of guy to me who would be into other guys...though I can totally imagine Vilkas swinging both ways. So yeah. I almost always play as a woman...well, I am one, and I never try to romance other females...since that is not really my preference. But I just feel that it would add something if you could not romance any option no matter what.

TLDR: It was pretty short...but I do ramble. I want to adjust the marriage options in Skyrim so that you have people who are Heterosexual, Homosexual, or Bisexual. I plan on expanding the NPCs, so I will probably pair up a few that are already around, or give them new spouses. Regardless, I would like ideas and opinions.

In Skyrim, who do you think should have what marriage gender preference?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the vanilla marriage "system" is very simplistic. But, to be fair: In a world where you may get eaten by trolls, if you are no sword swinging badass yourself, you better have one as your husband. So, I think romance is not the main factor here.

I think that whole thing should be optional, even though I think your way is way more realistic and offer depth. I think this whole everyone is BI in skyrim is big thing for gamers that are homosexual, BI or tran. I have seen and heard many gays where happy that the npc they like are bi.

For your question, everyone expect when it shows. Helga is dawn right straight from what we can see.

I think the real point is you're supposed to see the world as you would like to. So, if your straight and you're a male player, you aren't on any male npc's radar and vice-versa; and as long as you don't talk to them while wearing an amulet of mara, you won't be (and why would you?). You have to use a bit of imagination and pretend. Yes, it would be easier if part of the character creation process included a sexual preference option, but alas, that didn't happen (I'm surprised nobody came up with a mod for that...).

I think the real point is you're supposed to see the world as you would like to. So, if your straight and you're a male player, you aren't on any male npc's radar and vice-versa; and as long as you don't talk to them while wearing an amulet of mara, you won't be (and why would you?). You have to use a bit of imagination and pretend. Yes, it would be easier if part of the character creation process included a sexual preference option, but alas, that didn't happen (I'm surprised nobody came up with a mod for that...).

Why is that needed? If you want to be gay, hit on men. Bi? Anything goes. Asexual? Do nothing. It like the sims, if you want them gay, be gay.

I mean, if I don't want to be gay then just don't talk to men with the amulet on lol. What I would like to see is some kind of courtship. Cause I highly doubt, even in skyrim, that giving someone a mammoths tusk gets them all turned on and ready to marry you :D

Why is that needed? If you want to be gay, hit on men. Bi? Anything goes. Asexual? Do nothing. It like the sims, if you want them gay, be gay.

That's what I was trying to say. The OP was complaining that everyone in the game is Bi and I was saying (or trying to say) that if you didn't want to see it that way, you had to do a little role-playing yourself.

Ugh, i was not complaining, i was saying that to me it was unrealistic, and I was asking for suggestions on who might think which, if any NPCs are not bi.

It was an idea I had to add more feel to the game. Personally I don't give a crap who anybody sleeps with in real life, I was just wanting to add something else to my mod, and I was asking for opinions.

Edit: I was wanting to add a bit more depth to some of the characters. make them not quite so flat, emotionless, and pointless to marry. As such I was also spending a large part of the time actually filling out that stats and spell lists and making them useful. But I think it is kind of messed up that most of the married couples in skyrim are hetero, which seems fairly unrealistic if anyone will marry you regardless.

Edited by Galadreal

Sorry if it sounded like that. It just sometimes I see a mod I like that has this one little feature that Don't want or case problems which completely stops me from using the mod.

I agree with you in every point you wrote, I just will case you a lot of head ache later from users with mod is complete, let not forget request for many follower and npc overhaul.