ORCS HAVE LOST THEIR VOICES

jwoltz

Can anyone tell me why did all the orc NPCs suddenly lose their audio. Their dialogue subtitles all come up on screen and their mouths move but they no longer speak even to other NPCs! It's very strange. What is the problem and is their a simple and effective fix for it? This only happened recently and nothing new was added that should have done this. Thanks.

based on your description the lipsync files are there and the trigger to the voices working... so the suspect goes to the voices files themselves, maybe the whole subfolder missing, corrupted or not accessible in some way.

That's not something we can guess, you need to look for yourself or at least inform us what is seen in the voices folder.

Got their voices back! Apparently it was and is part of this same problem I am having across the board with oblivion running in WIN 7. I have completely reinstalled it directly to the C: Drive bypassing that rediculous (Programs x86) folder, BUT, while it is better and some things are working, I continue to have some problems including the continued game-freeze on fast travel and/or trying to enter certain exterior cells. Anyway, my orcs and kajhits are talking again.